Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This time next week we’ll know the outcome of the Swedish general

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    They're not even close to being Nazis anymore. They reinvented themselves ages ago and purged the far right elements. Since when, they've gone from strength to strength.
    That is disappointing. You can't beat a good modern day Nazi

Oh, I dunno. Go back 70 years and everyone was a racist. Were they all cùnts? Or is it just a question of social conditioning for us to regard racism in that way?
    It wasn't c*nt actually. It was tw*t

70 years ago it wasnt racism because we didnt know what that was. We were just suspicious of foreigners and darkies because we didnt know anything about them.

That excuse hasnt been valid for a hell of a long time. At it's root, if you are disliking people because of where they are from, regardless of what they are like and before you bother to find out, you are a bit of a dickhead in my eyes and it is going to invalidate anything else you have to say. Unless you are joking of course.... then it might be funny

I am aware that someone is about to say that I hate women but that is different. I know what they are like, all of them

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    That is disappointing. You can't beat a good modern day Nazi
    Oh, they're still nationalist, anti-immigration, anti-Schengen and none too keen on the bumders, so don't go away with the idea that they're the LibDems or anything.

Also, they've got some issue with the Sami. I've no real idea who the Sami are, though. Are they Santa's elves?

It wasn't c*nt actually. It was tw*t

70 years ago it wasnt racism because we didnt know what that was. We were just suspicious of foreigners and darkies because we didnt know anything about them.

That excuse hasnt been valid for a hell of a long time. At it's root, if you are disliking people because of where they are from, regardless of what they are like and before you bother to find out, you are a bit of a dickhead in my eyes and it is going to invalidate anything else you have to say. Unless you are joking of course.... then it might be funny

I am aware that someone is about to say that I hate women but that is different. I know what they are like, all of them
    What if you live around a bunch of people for years and just decide that you really don't like their habits, culture, ideas, the way they behave and think and would really rather prefer it if you didn't have to put up with them?

Is that racism or just bitter experience?

What if you live around a bunch of people for years and just decide that you really don't like their habits, culture, ideas, the way they behave and think and would really rather prefer it if you didn't have to put up with them?

Is that racism or just bitter experience?
    That's just life, isnt it? I feel that way about pretty much everyone.

On a serious note, I would find it difficult to feel that way about, for instance, an entire nation of people, or everyone who is attached to a particular religion. I have never witnessed a culture, country or faith that is that consistent.

For example, I met a French bloke the other day who was genuinely good company. This reaffirms my faith that one day I will meet an Australian that I can abide.

On a serious note, I would find it difficult to feel that way about, for instance, an entire nation of people, or everyone who is attached to a particular religion. I have never witnessed a culture, country or faith that is that consistent.

For example, I met a French bloke the other day who was genuinely good company. This reaffirms my faith that one day I will meet an Australian that I can abide.
    I spent the first 8 years of my career working with Nigeria.

This coloured my view of the people of that particular country. I'm not racist, I'm Nigeriaist.

Owen Jones would have me disembowelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

This coloured my view of the people of that particular country. I'm not racist, I'm Nigeriaist.

I’m that way with Afghan men. Let the Taliban rip them from limb to limb for all I care.

Oh, they're still nationalist, anti-immigration, anti-Schengen and none too keen on the bumders, so don't go away with the idea that they're the LibDems or anything.

Also, they've got some issue with the Sami. I've no real idea who the Sami are, though. Are they Santa's elves?
    Yeah, but that isnt good enough, b. You need the whole hog- 'flinging' nazi salutes and full nazi regalia, if only so you get to use the word regalia.

Anything short of that is just another bunch of far right tossers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

I have to work with the Chinese, every day. Let's not beat around the bush, they are, in the main, a ****ing pain in the arse and they do some weird stuff that sickens me (sharks fins, tigers etc).

I couldn't actually dislike them. I have met too many that are genuinely decent people and more than a few who are thoroughly admirable.

Easy to say when you've got somewhere else to go, I guess. My wife grew up poor as a young white girl in a predominantly Pakistani part of Bradford. She had no option but to stay, work hard at school and eventually get to university.
    Many would probably describe her views of the muslim community in Bradford as racist. However, they are based on her years of bitter experience of living amongst a closed-off, unhygienic, misogynistic, lawless, deeply exclusionist and bigoted culture that regarded her as rather less than human purely by virtue of the fact that she was white, non-muslim and female.

So, when all your experiences of an ethnic group tell you they're cùnts, is it racist to think that maybe - just maybe - they are cùnts?
    Last edited by Burney; 09-03-2018 at 10:57 AM.