Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I'm off to the big match on Tuesday night, boys.

I'm off to the big match on Tuesday night, boys.

MK Dons host Peterborough in the Checkatrade Trophy. It's going to be quite the occasion. I foresee a crowd of several hundred.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    MK Dons host Peterborough in the Checkatrade Trophy. It's going to be quite the occasion. I foresee a crowd of several hundred.
    I can only hope that whatever business it is this is in aid of is sufficiently lucrative to be worth the spiritual cost of having to schlep to Milton Keynes on a Tuesday night to watch terrible, terrible football happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I can only hope that whatever business it is this is in aid of is sufficiently lucrative to be worth the spiritual cost of having to schlep to Milton Keynes on a Tuesday night to watch terrible, terrible football happen.
    This is the second time in a fortnight. The worst part is the requirement to commence drinking at 3 pm, carry on through to the early hours, then attend a meeting in Milton Keynes at 9 am. I am too old for ths shít.

This is the second time in a fortnight. The worst part is the requirement to commence drinking at 3 pm, carry on through to the early hours, then attend a meeting in Milton Keynes at 9 am. I am too old for ths shít.
    Of course, this means you have attended far more MK Dons games in recent years than you have Arsenal games. Does this mean you've switched allegiances? Are you now a Doner?

Of course, this means you have attended far more MK Dons games in recent years than you have Arsenal games. Does this mean you've switched allegiances? Are you now a Doner?
    I suppose I am. I know the name of one of their players, although I have forgotten it as we speak.

The food in the hospitality suite is... indescribable. The options are: balti pie with mash, minced beef pie with mash, mushroom pie with mash. Every. Time.

I suppose I am. I know the name of one of their players, although I have forgotten it as we speak.

The food in the hospitality suite is... indescribable. The options are: balti pie with mash, minced beef pie with mash, mushroom pie with mash. Every. Time.
    That actually sounds quite nice. Although I'd prefer chips.

That actually sounds quite nice. Although I'd prefer chips.
    Chips and Mash? Your Irish roots are showing here b
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

I've three trips home for sporting events before Christmas and not a single Arsenal game among them

Test Match next Saturday
    Leicester v Saints at Twickenham
    England v New Zealand at Twickenham

Can't say I am holding out much hope for England in either

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Chips and Mash? Your Irish roots are showing here b
    Chips sticking out of the pile of mash like spines on a hedgehog.