Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The woman badly needs to stop doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He'd want to talk to them, or some other such nonsense.
    Or start banging on about homeopathy or some such shěte.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. Much more sensible. Can you imagine trying to get Charles to declare war on anyone, ffs? It'd be a nightmare.
    Right, but all we did was change the word. Like changing Minsitry of War to Ministry of Defence. Same people, same function, just a more pleasant name.,

Yes. Much more sensible. Can you imagine trying to get Charles to declare war on anyone, ffs? It'd be a nightmare.
    I’ll say this for him though. He’s infinitely more adaptable around third world leaders. Charms the socks off em’. There wouldnt be any Captain Bligh type awkwardness.
    He’s not averse to throwing a few shapes either .

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Right, but all we did was change the word. Like changing Minsitry of War to Ministry of Defence. Same people, same function, just a more pleasant name.,
    I think it's also quite useful as a way of demeaning the opposition. You don't want the Argies imagining they're important enough for us to bother declaring war on them, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It's all Newspeak and sophistry. See also the new words for naked imperialism: "humanitarian intervention". 'Coup d'état' becomes 'Colour revolution'. and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    It's all Newspeak and sophistry. See also the new words for naked imperialism: "humanitarian intervention". 'Coup d'état' becomes 'Colour revolution'. and so on.
    I seem to remember when your chum Vlad illegally invaded Georgia in an act of naked imperialism, he called it 'Peace Enforcement'.

I seem to remember when your chum Vlad illegally invaded Georgia in an act of naked imperialism, he called it 'Peace Enforcement'.
    Even the EU ended up blaming Georgia for that. Not imperialism.

Regime change

Climate change

Basically, they decided change was a good word and you cant be opposed to it.

Gender reassignment .... that is more complicated. Is that good or bad?

I think it's also quite useful as a way of demeaning the opposition. You don't want the Argies imagining they're important enough for us to bother declaring war on them, do you?
    Fair point. However, it is interesting that you have decided that anything short of formal war constitutes peace time.....

Can one be involved in a large scale military conflict yet still consider it a period of peace? I'm not convinced.....

Anyway, Asquith did both. So **** you He turned out to be a bit **** at war but that is NOT the point....

Even the EU ended up blaming Georgia for that. Not imperialism.
    The same EU you despise and are desperate to leave......