Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Booked the family in for a last minute weekend break in Kent this weekend at what I

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    What did you expect? It's in Kent. You should assume you will surrounded by used car salesman while you're down there.

Not sure what you were thinking of, Monty. If you want to get out of the city and head south you have Surrey, Hampshire and West Sussex to choose from, all quite beautiful and upscale.

And you chose Kent?
    We're probably gonna move there as we need to be commutable to London, which restricts us to Kent or Essex if we're gonna get ourselves a nice big family house.

Unless you fancy chucking us £500k and then we can stay in Hampstead.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Unless you fancy chucking us £500k and then we can stay in Hampstead.
    Shirley, a man of your means and a six figure income must be able to stay (nearly) in Hampstead?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Well I was never gonna be old money. so what's a poor Jew to do?

In my defence, availability is scarce and it was pretty much either there or here:

https://chandosguesthouse.co.uk/
    You don't need to be rich, just find a nice cosy, romantic coaching inn.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Shirley, a man of your means and a six figure income must be able to stay (nearly) in Hampstead?
    You can hardly buy a one-bed flat at the bottom of the hill on that income, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    You can hardly buy a one-bed flat at the bottom of the hill on that income, I'm afraid.
    Well, one has to take into account his previous mountain of earnings from his book sales, a
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

We're visiting as part of a reconnaissance mission to work out where we'd like to live out of Folkestone, Faversham or Ramsgate.

What say you?
    It's hard to answer objectively since they are all utter shítholes, but apparently on the rise. Folkestone has a decent seafood restaurant in Rocksalt, Ramsgate is at least showing signs of emerging from its dystopian past, Faversham I haven't been brave enough to drive through since 1984.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    You don't need to be rich, just find a nice cosy, romantic coaching inn.
    Cosy and romantic

The sprogs are coming

What about Broadstairs, Deal, Whitstable, Canterbury? I haven’t been to any of them in decades, but they used to be better than the places listed.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    What about Broadstairs, Deal, Whitstable, Canterbury? I haven’t been to any of them in decades, but they used to be better than the places listed.
    Yeah, all lovely but train lines back to London not quite so good.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    They're proper nice, but they're populated by decent Englishmen so I don't think jews are allowed.