Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My treadmill died at 07:00 this morning. RIP treadmill.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The new one is on a van and on its way. I can track the van on a map! He's just passing Tatsfield!
    Hmm, he's on delivery no. 1, and I'm no. 13. He's expected to reach me at 12:20.

No chance.What a bunch of lyors

Balls, I thought, that'll be 2 grand and a fortnight without the requisite apparatus.

Checking the website of the shop wherein the machine was originally purchased, to my delight I found a similar model reduced in price by 50%, available for delivery tomorrow. By 07:10 I had ordered and paid for the thing and within moments had confirmation of delivery tomorrow.

The internet / rampant consumerism is a wonderful thing.
    Is there a specific reason why you don't just run around outside?

Do you not live in the countryside as such??

Hmm, he's on delivery no. 1, and I'm no. 13. He's expected to reach me at 12:20.

No chance.What a bunch of lyors
    Ive got a new fridge freezer coming from John Lewis. Free next day delivery apparently.

It is arriving next fúcking Thursday.

They are all ****s. Even John Lewis nowadays, it seems.

sad seens.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Is there a specific reason why you don't just run around outside?

Do you not live in the countryside as such??
    Yes, but my poor old knees, stripped of cartilage as they are, do not respond well to running on pavement. The bit of padding on a treadmill allows me to exercise. Hurrah for treadmills!

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Ive got a new fridge freezer coming from John Lewis. Free next day delivery apparently.

sad seens.
    Now he's on no. 2. There's no way the bástard's getting here for lunchtime

They are all ****s i. You are quite correct.

Yes, but my poor old knees, stripped of cartilage as they are, do not respond well to running on pavement. The bit of padding on a treadmill allows me to exercise. Hurrah for treadmills!
    Well yes. I ran for a very short period a few years ago, in a gym for a period and then when the summer came I moved onto Marley Park.

Second trip out I banjaxed my achilles tendon areas and decided there and then that running was for poofs and second hand car dealers.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Well yes. I ran for a very short period a few years ago, in a gym for a period and then when the summer came I moved onto Marley Park.

Second trip out I banjaxed my achilles tendon areas and decided there and then that running was for poofs and second hand car dealers.
    I took up regular running some 5 years ago, and now I run 5 or 6 days a week. I confess, I find it rather exhilirating.

Plus, I am a greedy fúcker and if I didn't do plenty of exercise, given the amount I eat and drink, I'd be a 30 stone shut in within months.

and now I run 5 or 6 days a week
    talking of gagging for it.
    You're gagging for a rather severe clutcher, sc
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

talking of gagging for it.
    You're gagging for a rather severe clutcher, sc
    Surely I'm saving myself from the clutcher, i? No drugs, no fags, plenty exercise... I'm going to live forever man.

sad seens.
    This makes me feel better about the nightmare I had from Curry's in bleeding Tottnumb Hale. The fridge was excellent in the end though. Being able to store cans of beer vertically instead of horizontally improved life significantly. Basically I could store twice as many cans!