Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: So it's 14 units a week now is it?

and the gas c.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Don't you find that an excess of Guinness results in a firm, black stool with a fine, honest, earthy aroma?
    you cannot get away without mentioning the bad guts and stomach cramps, when going beyond the threshold of a few pints.
    Of course, it's likely that P was weaned on the stuff and has built up a commendable resistance. The rest of us who just partake occasionally though.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Oh *******s. 90% of the Muslims I know drink. One of the worst drunks I have ever known considered himself a good Muslim in every other respect.
    How many do you know? I reckon I know 3......and yes, they all drink

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Used to be 28 as I recall. Then it magically went to 21. Now it's down to 14. How long to 7?

Amazing that the human body - a product of arbitrary genetic change and the evolutionary process - should develop into something which experiences the negative impact of another substance linearly with the number 7.

That, or more likely, the whole thing is a load of unscientific nonsense promoted by a group of people who seem to think it is their job to tell us how to live, as opposed to helping us live longer.

Tossers. And to make it worse, they now have a program rattling on about it that features another tosser.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45258081
    Did you read the rather long interview with him in The Times - considering the writer made a great point of Chiles sitting there with a water, it was a rambling load of drunken *******s really (for which the writer and editors should take more responsibility than Chiles it must be said)

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Did you read the rather long interview with him in The Times - considering the writer made a great point of Chiles sitting there with a water, it was a rambling load of drunken *******s really (for which the writer and editors should take more responsibility than Chiles it must be said)
    Yes, it seemed to go around in circles and I was left wondering whether he had done it p1ssed.

Typical journo, really. Mostly p1ssed. I only know two people in the journalism/publishing game.

You and Burney.

Yes, it seemed to go around in circles and I was left wondering whether he had done it p1ssed.

Typical journo, really. Mostly p1ssed. I only know two people in the journalism/publishing game.

You and Burney.
    There's a reason why newspaper staff get an official 1.5 hour lunch break, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    There's a reason why newspaper staff get an official 1.5 hour lunch break, you know.
    I work three days a week just south of Fleet St, across from Blackfriars. In addition to a plethora of pubs in that part of Fleet St, there is a church there called the Journalists' Church.

I'm guessing the sins confessed to there are largely alcohol related.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Those were the days*

https://pressgazette.co.uk/the-day-t...et-lunch-died/

*technically before my time

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Those were the days*

https://pressgazette.co.uk/the-day-t...et-lunch-died/

*technically before my time
    It did re-emerge after Kelvin left.....as I'm sure you well know

I work three days a week just south of Fleet St, across from Blackfriars. In addition to a plethora of pubs in that part of Fleet St, there is a church there called the Journalists' Church.

I'm guessing the sins confessed to there are largely alcohol related.
    One might like to think there might just be the tiniest twinge of guilt in some quarters around telling the truth.

But probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    One might like to think there might just be the tiniest twinge of guilt in some quarters around telling the truth.

But probably not.
    It's all about sales, Ash.

An interesting cultural distinction between our Yankee friends and the Brits. As freedom of the press is such a strong part of their cultural heritage there is a certain duty/honour with regard to accurate reporting that runs through the legitimate media sources i.e. not Fox news, that doesn't seem to exist in the same extent in the UK.

Certainly when I lived there it was the ultimate sin for a journo to publish something that proved to be untrue. Rather different in the UK, to say the least.