Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So it's 14 units a week now is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    They get loud and tend to start using the word 'mate' which never seems to sound right coming from a woman.
    They also laugh at the wrong things due to not having proper senses of humour. They then become puzzled and cross when you fail to find the same thing funny.

I'll be honest: I'm an old-fashioned sexist who thinks men should get beastly drunk, but women should restrict themselves to no more than a couple of small glasses of wine and then drive a chap home.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    They also laugh at the wrong things due to not having proper senses of humour. They then become puzzled and cross when you fail to find the same thing funny.

I'll be honest: I'm an old-fashioned sexist who thinks men should get beastly drunk, but women should restrict themselves to no more than a couple of small glasses of wine and then drive a chap home.
    I like drunken women. You can do all the degrading stuff and they don't remember.

You can do the degrading stuff to sober women too, but then you have to kill them, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I like drunken women. You can do all the degrading stuff and they don't remember.

You can do the degrading stuff to sober women too, but then you have to kill them, don't you?
    Oh, I don't rule female drunkenness out entirely. It absolutely has its uses. But, those aside, it's generally a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

THey certainly become cross over virtually nothing. I like to have a conversation when I drink and, let's face it, you cant really have one of those with a woman at the best of times, let alone when she is a bit drunk.

I had 50 pints of Guinness over 5 and a half nights in Malaysia. I feel fine.

Its all *******s.
    Why would you be drinking Guinness in Malaysia? Go with a lighter beverage, and gin and tonics in particular. Say I.

THey certainly become cross over virtually nothing. I like to have a conversation when I drink and, let's face it, you cant really have one of those with a woman at the best of times, let alone when she is a bit drunk.
    I think their brains become confused, to be honest. The alcohol causes their minds to start firing multiple thoughts and ideas around their heads at the same time and they just can't cope. We're used to it, so it doesn't affect us in the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Used to be 28 as I recall. Then it magically went to 21. Now it's down to 14. How long to 7?
    Bóllocks to that, imo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-30500372

Apparently - "You drink more heavily than people from Belarus, the heaviest-drinking country in the world"
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Bóllocks to that, imo

Apparently - "You drink more heavily than people from Belarus, the heaviest-drinking country in the world"
    This would explain a lot about Alexander Hleb.

Bóllocks to that, imo

I got that as well and yet in an attempt to lose some weight and generally be healthier I had a very quiet week alcohol wise. Nothing at all to drink Mon-Thu, 3 pints at lunch followed by a pint down my local and two G&Ts at home on Friday, 5 pints over the course of the day and a glass of wine with dinner on Saturday and then 2 pints in the afternoon followed by 4 glasses of wine with dinner on Sunday.

How can that possibly put me worse than Belarus?

Bóllocks to that, imo

I just put in 4 pints of beer and 6 glasses of wine per week, that's it. And it came back telling me I drink far more than most people in the UK.

What a complete load of utter nonsense. BBC can f*ck right off with that sh1t.