Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So it's 14 units a week now is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    But women don't have pen1ses, p. I think this means they have less room to store it in.
    THey seldom buy a drink. I always assumed this was why their recommended consumption was lower. Also, they tend to be a nuisance when drunk whereas men are generally a laugh (apart from those who start fights)

How were your bowel movements?
    Don't you find that an excess of Guinness results in a firm, black stool with a fine, honest, earthy aroma?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I asked my GP about it once and he admitted that the entire thing was nonsense. Note only does it not consider the person's size or general health and fitness, but the limit is the point at which they believe you can begin to detect any impact at all. If that impact is tiny, you could extrapolate out to 60 to 70 units a week and find that the impact is still miniscule.

Admittedly, I say this on the back of a week where I achieved an historic level of sobriety only to discover that I totaled 36 units.
    Surely the finger-wagging is an example of intolerance which is, in turn, a hate crime (punishable with imprisonment, btw). If I wagged my finger at a demi-boy on the street then I would be arrested immediately for doing a hate crime. Why no difference here?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    THey seldom buy a drink. I always assumed this was why their recommended consumption was lower. Also, they tend to be a nuisance when drunk whereas men are generally a laugh (apart from those who start fights)
    They do tend to be a nuisance, don't they? Not all of them, but as a rule. If you can't/don't want to have sex with them (or vice versa, he adds hurriedly), drunk women really aren't a lot of use, it must be said.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Surely the finger-wagging is an example of intolerance which is, in turn, a hate crime (punishable with imprisonment, btw). If I wagged my finger at a demi-boy on the street then I would be arrested immediately for doing a hate crime. Why no difference here?
    'Demi-boy'? I am befuddled by this terminology, r.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Don't you find that an excess of Guinness results in a firm, black stool with a fine, honest, earthy aroma?
    It's the blackness I find alarming.

An excess of lager is much harder on the bowels than either bitter or Guinness. I blame the fizziness.

I do remember cider being a bit dangerous, mind.

'Demi-boy'? I am befuddled by this terminology, r.
    A demiboy is a gender identity describing someone who partially, but not wholly, identifies as a man, boy or otherwise masculine, whatever their assigned gender at birth. They may or may not identify as another gender in addition to feeling partially a boy or man.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    A demiboy is a gender identity describing someone who partially, but not wholly, identifies as a man, boy or otherwise masculine, whatever their assigned gender at birth. They may or may not identify as another gender in addition to feeling partially a boy or man.
    I would feel no compunction about wagging my finger at such a person, r. Indeed, a good kick up the hole is what they need.

They do tend to be a nuisance, don't they? Not all of them, but as a rule. If you can't/don't want to have sex with them (or vice versa, he adds hurriedly), drunk women really aren't a lot of use, it must be said.
    They get loud and tend to start using the word 'mate' which never seems to sound right coming from a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Not really. I think this Guinness was fairly weak actually. I know for a fact I had 11 pints one evening and I wasn't massively plastered- in England 11 pints would floor me.