Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Two of the nation's top voted chippies in Hertfordshire

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I did once, yes. They were good but the delivery charge was about 60 quid to keep them frozen.
    Could you get bitterballen? For some reason, they seem more genteel than kroketten. Mind you, I once had a bitterballen in Rotterdam that was made with lamb and mint. It was a bit rank.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Could you get bitterballen? For some reason, they seem more genteel than kroketten. Mind you, I once had a bitterballen in Rotterdam that was made with lamb and mint. It was a bit rank.
    I'm sure you can. I tend to avoid them because I find them a bit, you know. Gay. I want krocketten, I don't want balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    That rings a bell - not sure if there is. Also a great place behind Marylebone (Sea Shell?) which was/is brilliant
    The place at Lisson Grove. I used to take a customer from church street there for lunch. Very good. Although that was many years a go .
    Last edited by 7sisters; 08-21-2018 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Sadly, because they're both in the sh*thole that is Hoddesdon, I've never visited either.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/foodanddri...cid=spartandhp
    I got some chips from a place on Southend sea front when I was over. They didn’t look that nice but they had a lovely taste. I think walking along the sea front while it was pissing down with rain and blowing a gale added to the taste.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    The place at Lisson Grove. I used to take a customer from church street there for lunch. Very good. Although that was many years a go .
    that's the one - very nice

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Post reported to Hoddgooner
    ****hole for sure, which is why I moved out as soon as I could afford to.....

That said, Captain Cod's Fish and Chips is well worth going back for