Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Oh God I can't stand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It is the squeak, a, but it's not the sound of the squeak, it's the feel of the squeak.

I'm the same with fresh snow.
    Ah, I see. The micro-judder. The step. The serration. I think this means that in a previous life you had your leg sawn off.

Here, have a pint of HTFU.

I think I'd rather like that. I've become very maternal with my cats. I think I'm having feelings for children (stop it) late in life.

Maybe it's time I became a mum before it's too late. If Little Adolph is the result, well, so be it.
    Just think. You could dandle the little fella on your knee, buy him a brownshirt romper suit and help him trim his moustache.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Ah, I see. The micro-judder. The step. The serration. I think this means that in a previous life you had your leg sawn off.

Here, have a pint of HTFU.
    It makes me go all funny, a

Hmm. I'm interested that you do not differentiate between fried, sautéed, and chipped.

Animal.
    Of course I do, but in this context, if given the choice between any fried potato and any other kind of potato, nine times out of ten I'm going with it. The best type of fried potato is a sub-category among the potato elite.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Of course I do, but in this context, if given the choice between any fried potato and any other kind of potato, nine times out of ten I'm going with it. The best type of fried potato is a sub-category among the potato elite.
    So you'd put the Lyonnaise below the sauté? As if the sweetness of the onion somehow detracts from the dish?

You need to take a long, hard look at yourself, son.

Amazing that a German speciality wasn't that great when you bought it pre-packaged from Waitrose. I find that baffling.

After all, the best Italian food in the world comes out of a microwave in a Travelodge in Abu Dhabi...
    As far as I'm aware, it's just bratwurst, ketchup and curry powder. Why would you need it ready-made?

So you'd put the Lyonnaise below the sauté? As if the sweetness of the onion somehow detracts from the dish?

You need to take a long, hard look at yourself, son.
    The Lyonnaise isn't strictly a fried potato, though, is it? It lacks the crispyness. It's more sort of braised, isn't it?

The Lyonnaise isn't strictly a fried potato, though, is it? It lacks the crispyness. It's more sort of braised, isn't it?
    Not in muy experience, I confess. One fries the onions until caramelised, then sautées the parboiled potato slices and, when crispy, one adds the onion back in. Parsley should be ubersprinkled prior to serving. This is how I grew up eating the dish and how I cook the dish. Indeed, I have eaten it in this form in Lyon. Perhaps there is a different version of which I know not?

As far as I'm aware, it's just bratwurst, ketchup and curry powder. Why would you need it ready-made?
    I make it sometimes. I found a German recipe which includes paprika, but yes, it is the work of moments.

The bloke thinks haute cuisine means 'a buffet with heat lamps', so it's not surprising he expects Waitrose ready meals to be the height of sophistication.

Amazing that a German speciality wasn't that great when you bought it pre-packaged from Waitrose. I find that baffling.

After all, the best Italian food in the world comes out of a microwave in a Travelodge in Abu Dhabi...
    Well, I thought it might be better than it was. I've had pizza from Waitrose that was better than wot I was served in Verona.

And I'm not flying over to Germany just to eat a f*cking sausage, am I?