Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh God I can't stand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You can't beat a currywurst mit pommes, standing at a SchnellImbiss. It's the perfect mid-afternoon snack to tide you over until it's time for your Schweinshaxe!
    One of my favourite things when I'm unfortunate enough to have to go to German trade shows is when I haven't got any appointments, to sneak away to a hall far away from colleagues or people who know me, find an Imbiss outside and sit and sneakily imbibe Pilsner and bratwurst for an hour or so*.

*As long as I think I can get away with.

Balls. The home of Currywurst is the Ruhrgebiet. I'm in the fúcking place 10 tyimes a year. I know what I see.
    There was a little old lady in Berlin and she says she invented it. Experts seemed to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    One of my favourite things when I'm unfortunate enough to have to go to German trade shows is when I haven't got any appointments, to sneak away to a hall far away from colleagues or people who know me, find an Imbiss outside and sit and sneakily imbibe Pilsner and bratwurst for an hour or so*.

I once dropped the currysaus down the front of my white shirt, twenty minutes before walking into a meeting with a brigadier-general.

This is not a strong look.

I once dropped the currysaus down the front of my white shirt, twenty minutes before walking into a meeting with a brigadier-general.

This is not a strong look.
    I'll bet you struggled to wash that out as well.

Probably burned through

I had to wear it all the way home, as well. It was humiliating.

Anyway, Herr Doktor Zahnartzt is a dude. He wears dirty jeans and a tee shirt and is unshaven and as he leant in towards my face he said, "Just relax and think about The Boys From Brazil."

I've got a new dentist, la. He's German. HE RECKONS BERLIN IS THE HOME OF THE CURRYWURST!

What a mentalist.

Quite so b. A fine bratwurst mit zempf and possibly bratkartoffeln. Currywursst is strictly for the locals who can be forgiven for knowing no better.

I had to wear it all the way home, as well. It was humiliating.

Anyway, Herr Doktor Zahnartzt is a dude. He wears dirty jeans and a tee shirt and is unshaven and as he leant in towards my face he said, "Just relax and think about The Boys From Brazil."
    He meant 'Marathon Man' surely?

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Quite so b. A fine bratwurst mit zempf and possibly bratkartoffeln. Currywursst is strictly for the locals who can be forgiven for knowing no better.
    You're not a dirty pervert like la, are you? You don't reject the Kartoffelnsalat?

He meant 'Marathon Man' surely?
    Ha! TRhat's odd. I knew what he meant, though. Daft kraut.

He also told me my aversion to cotton wool was undoubtedly nothing more than an affectation with which he would have no truck.

I fear he might be a bit mental.