Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Oh God I can't stand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Not in muy experience, I confess. One fries the onions until caramelised, then sautées the parboiled potato slices and, when crispy, one adds the onion back in. Parsley should be ubersprinkled prior to serving. This is how I grew up eating the dish and how I cook the dish. Indeed, I have eaten it in this form in Lyon. Perhaps there is a different version of which I know not?
    I've always known it to be lots of butter and oil, caramelised onions as you say, then a frying to brown the potatoes, but then things are returned to the pan, covered and popped into the oven to sort of coalesce. This renders them beautifully soft and unctuous with - as you say - the sweetness of the onion and lots of seasoning, of course. However, I would not call them 'fried' in a strict sense.

https://www.cuisineaz.com/recettes/p...ise-28631.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Well, I thought it might be better than it was. I've had pizza from Waitrose that was better than wot I was served in Verona.

And I'm not flying over to Germany just to eat a f*cking sausage, am I?
    It's a Bratwurst with a sauce made of ketchup and curry powder, what the fúck did you think you were getting, something created by Alain Ducasse?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Well, I thought it might be better than it was. I've had pizza from Waitrose that was better than wot I was served in Verona.

And I'm not flying over to Germany just to eat a f*cking sausage, am I?

Your mum would.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's a Bratwurst with a sauce made of ketchup and curry powder, what the fúck did you think you were getting, something created by Alain Ducasse?
    Yeah, which is sort of the point. It just isn't really that good whether from Waitrose or not.

So why on earth do you endlessly rattle on about something that really isn't that good? Philistine Dutchie that you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Your mum would.
    Ooooh well in.