Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jamie Oliver taking a kicking because his jerk rice

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'd like to think he did that on purpose.
    Of course he did. He has quite the cheeky sense of humour, young Dicko.

Inspired by the sight of Gayeme Le Saux next to him
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Blimey, it must be 14 years since you asked me that. 2004 I did the Spanish one...

Michel Thomas was his name. I have a feeling he's dead now.
    Died a few years back now. His tapes are still available though. Always sounded like he was still half chewing the remains of his lunch, seemed like a nice enough chap though.

If anybody does genuinely want to learn Spanish though and is based in London, I can recommend here - If you let Maria know I sent you her way, she would most definitely ensure you got the Platinum service. https://www.spanishhouselondon.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post
    Died a few years back now. His tapes are still available though. Always sounded like he was still half chewing the remains of his lunch, seemed like a nice enough chap though.

If anybody does genuinely want to learn Spanish though and is based in London, I can recommend here - If you let Maria know I sent you her way, she would most definitely ensure you got the Platinum service. https://www.spanishhouselondon.com/
    He had a strange accent and no mistake, but I liked his methods.

If I click on that link I'm going to a knocking shop, aren't I?

Very good b, very good.

I'm going to be frank with you here. Events in 2004 sort of got in the way of my doing anything meaningful with this Spanish course. Yes, I found myself somewhat distracted.
    Yes.

Anyway, Jamie Oliver has committed much worse cultural appropriation than making jerk rice.

https://twitter.com/sophwilkinson/st...29783916675073

He had a strange accent and no mistake, but I liked his methods.

If I click on that link I'm going to a knocking shop, aren't I?
    Haha, believe it or not but it is a very good Spanish language school based in Clapham. I went for a few years in their early days and got on very well with Maria who founded it. She helped me over the years with proof reading my wedding speech that was in Spanish and other bits and pieces. I have watched on as her business has grown. So despite my tongue in cheek comment about the platinum service, I really would recommend it if you want to brush up on your Spanish.

Fash has used their Kings Cross service
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Haha, believe it or not but it is a very good Spanish language school based in Clapham. I went for a few years in their early days and got on very well with Maria who founded it. She helped me over the years with proof reading my wedding speech that was in Spanish and other bits and pieces. I have watched on as her business has grown. So despite my tongue in cheek comment about the platinum service, I really would recommend it if you want to brush up on your Spanish.
    You fluent now Marv?

I sooooo want to be fluent in Spanish.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    You fluent now Marv?

I sooooo want to be fluent in Spanish.
    I can understand most things most of the time. I lack confidence in speaking because I don't practise enough. Our kids are bilingual but I am not allowed to speak to them in Spanish as they have to learn the Spanish from their mum and English from me, not vice versa, that would be a disaster!

To be honest, unless you went to live there and had no option but to speak it 100% of the time to survive or learnt it from a VERY young age, you will never be fluent.

I can understand most things most of the time. I lack confidence in speaking because I don't practise enough. Our kids are bilingual but I am not allowed to speak to them in Spanish as they have to learn the Spanish from their mum and English from me, not vice versa, that would be a disaster!

To be honest, unless you went to live there and had no option but to speak it 100% of the time to survive or learnt it from a VERY young age, you will never be fluent.
    The retirement master plan is to move to a few cities, one in Spain and one in France, for at least two years for the very reason you mention. To integrate and become fluent.

Madrid and Lyon are at the top of the list. Vancouver as well.

Married with kids eh Marv? Been while mate.