Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jamie Oliver taking a kicking because his jerk rice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Jamie Oliver taking a kicking because his jerk rice

isn't jerky enough and is a clear example of cultural appropriation.

Honestly. The only way to react now is

The lunatics have taken control of the asylum.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Ah Charles, apologies because I've asked you this about a thousand times but I finally have decided I'm going to polish up my French and learn Spanish.

The name of the language learning person/company thingy you recommended many moons ago? Chaws.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Ah Charles, apologies because I've asked you this about a thousand times but I finally have decided I'm going to polish up my French and learn Spanish.

The name of the language learning person/company thingy you recommended many moons ago? Chaws.
    Blimey, it must be 14 years since you asked me that. 2004 I did the Spanish one...

Michel Thomas was his name. I have a feeling he's dead now.

Blimey, it must be 14 years since you asked me that. 2004 I did the Spanish one...

Did you ever feel like asking what the Spanish for 'It's up for grabs now!' was?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Did you ever feel like asking what the Spanish for 'It's up for grabs now!' was?
    Very good b, very good.

I'm going to be frank with you here. Events in 2004 sort of got in the way of my doing anything meaningful with this Spanish course. Yes, I found myself somewhat distracted.

Very good b, very good.

I'm going to be frank with you here. Events in 2004 sort of got in the way of my doing anything meaningful with this Spanish course. Yes, I found myself somewhat distracted.
    Yes.

Anyway, Jamie Oliver has committed much worse cultural appropriation than making jerk rice.

https://twitter.com/sophwilkinson/st...29783916675073

Died a few years back now. His tapes are still available though. Always sounded like he was still half chewing the remains of his lunch, seemed like a nice enough chap though.

If anybody does genuinely want to learn Spanish though and is based in London, I can recommend here - If you let Maria know I sent you her way, she would most definitely ensure you got the Platinum service. https://www.spanishhouselondon.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post
    Died a few years back now. His tapes are still available though. Always sounded like he was still half chewing the remains of his lunch, seemed like a nice enough chap though.

If anybody does genuinely want to learn Spanish though and is based in London, I can recommend here - If you let Maria know I sent you her way, she would most definitely ensure you got the Platinum service. https://www.spanishhouselondon.com/
    He had a strange accent and no mistake, but I liked his methods.

If I click on that link I'm going to a knocking shop, aren't I?

He had a strange accent and no mistake, but I liked his methods.

If I click on that link I'm going to a knocking shop, aren't I?
    Haha, believe it or not but it is a very good Spanish language school based in Clapham. I went for a few years in their early days and got on very well with Maria who founded it. She helped me over the years with proof reading my wedding speech that was in Spanish and other bits and pieces. I have watched on as her business has grown. So despite my tongue in cheek comment about the platinum service, I really would recommend it if you want to brush up on your Spanish.

I have suggested they bury the hatchet by co-hosting a show of competitive jerk cooking called The Great British Jerk Off.

No takers so far.