Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should have won that match.......

Should have won that match.......

Yes Chelsea were probably the better side but they were at home and we missed 2 absolute sitters and at least 2 other very good chances.

BT Sport were getting right on my tits, saying how poor we were defensively yet seemed determined not to mention how many times we cut Chelsea apart down the flanks.

Bellerin should just play on the wing, with the new chap as a RB.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Yes Chelsea were probably the better side but they were at home and we missed 2 absolute sitters and at least 2 other very good chances.

BT Sport were getting right on my tits, saying how poor we were defensively yet seemed determined not to mention how many times we cut Chelsea apart down the flanks.

I called Glenda some very bad names in front of Master WES

He natters on about how bad we are defensively and how completely outplayed we had been for the first 30 minutes and then goes strangely quiet as we rip them to pieces. No mention of how we dominated them for the last 15-20 minutes of the first half.

Horrible c*nt that he is.

The second half surprised me. Was disappointed in how we let them control the game. Some bright spark in the press blamed this on the replacement of Xhaka with Torreira.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post

I wouldn't have been surprised if that game finished 5-5.

Mustafi and Xhaka mysteriously still get picked and Bellerin is a shadow of his former self.

Ozil needs a ****ing good shake.

Auba, Mhki and Iwobi all putting over from 6-8 yards :facepalm:

On the ropes a bit in the second half but lots of positives though...
    Guendouzi will be quite a player imo
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I wouldn't have been surprised if that game finished 5-5.

Mustafi and Xhaka mysteriously still get picked and Bellerin is a shadow of his former self.

Ozil needs a ****ing good shake.

Auba, Mhki and Iwobi all putting over from 6-8 yards :facepalm:

On the ropes a bit in the second half but lots of positives though...
    Guendouzi will be quite a player imo
    Wait for the football intelligentsia to assure us that Ozil was brilliant and mention his running off the ball. Ignore them, he was poor both games and with his talent it really is shocking how peripheral he can be.

As many have said many times, he is the ultimate luxury player, and I'm not convinced we can afford that luxury at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I called Glenda some very bad names in front of Master WES

He natters on about how bad we are defensively and how completely outplayed we had been for the first 30 minutes and then goes strangely quiet as we rip them to pieces. No mention of how we dominated them for the last 15-20 minutes of the first half.

Horrible c*nt that he is.

The second half surprised me. Was disappointed in how we let them control the game. Some bright spark in the press blamed this on the replacement of Xhaka with Torreira.
    Yeah, the Xhaka stuff is funny. We had no control in the first 30 minutes when he was on the pitch but him going off meant we lost control of the midfield He was mostly rubbish and deserved to be hooked, just as Özil did. We sat deeper in the second half for some reason and let them have the ball. That’s why we lost control of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Yeah, the Xhaka stuff is funny. We had no control in the first 30 minutes when he was on the pitch but him going off meant we lost control of the midfield He was mostly rubbish and deserved to be hooked, just as Özil did. We sat deeper in the second half for some reason and let them have the ball. That’s why we lost control of the game.
    The defending for the first goal

Be interested to see what Mustafi and Sokratis have to say when Unai asks them why they thought Pedro standing 5 yards goal side of them was a good thing.

Have to say I'm developing man love for Gwen and I thought Mikkie and Iwobi (steady IUFG) had very good games but that's not the best part of the first two games. The best part was watching under-performing players get taken off regardless of who they are and how much they make.

wd Unai

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    The defending for the first goal

Be interested to see what Mustafi and Sokratis have to say when Unai asks them why they thought Pedro standing 5 yards goal side of them was a good thing.

Have to say I'm developing man love for Gwen and I thought Mikkie and Iwobi (steady IUFG) had very good games but that's not the best part of the first two games. The best part was watching under-performing players get taken off regardless of who they are and how much they make.

wd Unai
    Thought Sokratis was decent, Bellerin and Mustafi less so. It's also embarrassing trying to watch Cech play out from the back.

In his defence, the BiL told me how Roy Hodgson told the England back 4 that they had to play out from the back, essentially less they be dropped if they booted it long and I assume they have been told the same. Surely, there has to be some element of right time to play long and right time short, as City do?

Encouraging signs and certainly no need to panic.

Home win this Saturday and we progress.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Pretty much my take on it. 7 or 8 very winnable games coming up. Just need that 1st win and start to build confidence

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Ramsey sold by the end of the month?

Sadly, I can't see there being much interest in him on the continent. I'm guessing if he moves it would be to a PL club.