Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should have won that match.......

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Ramsey sold by the end of the month?

Sadly, I can't see there being much interest in him on the continent. I'm guessing if he moves it would be to a PL club.
    I expected nothing from these two matches so it starts now.

Would like to see Leno and Torreira more involved from now, they were the real summer investments for the future so I see no point in them sitting out matches. Guendozi has to stay in based on performance so all new in N5.

Yes, 11 days to sell Ramsey abroad.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Thought Sokratis was decent, Bellerin and Mustafi less so. It's also embarrassing trying to watch Cech play out from the back.

In his defence, the BiL told me how Roy Hodgson told the England back 4 that they had to play out from the back, essentially less they be dropped if they booted it long and I assume they have been told the same. Surely, there has to be some element of right time to play long and right time short, as City do?
    Can't compare us to Manchester City, imo. They score so many goals that the odd mistake or two simply doesn't cost them anything and they know it and their opponents know it too.

Basically, players always want to do things they're actually good at so when you make them do things they're not so good at, they're uncomfortable. But if that's the way the manager wants them to play, they have no choice. He will tolerate their discomfort until such time as he can get "better" players.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Can't compare us to Manchester City, imo. They score so many goals that the odd mistake or two simply doesn't cost them anything and they know it and their opponents know it too.

Basically, players always want to do things they're actually good at so when you make them do things they're not so good at, they're uncomfortable. But if that's the way the manager wants them to play, they have no choice. He will tolerate their discomfort until such time as he can get "better" players.
    Wise words, as ever.

These things take time, he is still working largely with Wenger players and possibly even a Wenger mind set when in the heat of the action.

City are held up as the target to try and replicate and they should be as they are the best in the country, but let us not fool ourselves that they clicked into the superb Guardiola machine they currently are on the day of his arrival. Slowly but surely he got his players into the roles he identified as needing them, supplementing existing players who were of the very highest level. He has replaced the entire back 4 as an example, we have Sokratis.

This is one to just sit back and enjoy the very bumpy ride.

Garth Crooks spent most of the game venting about Gwen.

Kept accusing him of being to young and inexperienced.

Mind blowing really...even Chelsea fans were impressed with him.

Just a quick one but Sokratis...this guy is not slow! Would like to see Holding next to him because he will thrive playing alongside a real professional like Sokratis. We need to take advantage of this. Even better if we get Lichsteiner at RB. Holding will have 2 top notch experience pros guiding him.

Bellend on the right wing is interesting and I believe Unai has doubled up full backs before.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Wise words, as ever.

These things take time, he is still working largely with Wenger players and possibly even a Wenger mind set when in the heat of the action.

City are held up as the target to try and replicate and they should be as they are the best in the country, but let us not fool ourselves that they clicked into the superb Guardiola machine they currently are on the day of his arrival. Slowly but surely he got his players into the roles he identified as needing them, supplementing existing players who were of the very highest level. He has replaced the entire back 4 as an example, we have Sokratis.

This is one to just sit back and enjoy the very bumpy ride.

It took a year for Pep to mold a group of already talented and highly paid bunch of players. Plus he added a few more. Expecting us to even replicate that in a year is optimistic considering our lack of financial clout and the issues that Emery has inherited. I think it will take 2 seasons for us to get back in the top 4 and we should be happy with that.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Yes Chelsea were probably the better side but they were at home and we missed 2 absolute sitters and at least 2 other very good chances.

BT Sport were getting right on my tits, saying how poor we were defensively yet seemed determined not to mention how many times we cut Chelsea apart down the flanks.

Bellerin should just play on the wing, with the new chap as a RB.
    So that would involve dropping Mhikky as right winger where he scored one, made one and should have had more. ok.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I expected nothing from these two matches so it starts now.

Would like to see Leno and Torreira more involved from now, they were the real summer investments for the future so I see no point in them sitting out matches. Guendozi has to stay in based on performance so all new in N5.

Yes, 11 days to sell Ramsey abroad.

It seems like we can have a whole sale change in the structure of the club, but some common issues remain. Shouldn't we have got rid of Ramsey 2 weeks ago, if he had not signed an extension? It's Ozil, Sanchez, Walcott, Jack etc all over again. I'm sure, we will learn from this
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Pretty much my take on it. 7 or 8 very winnable games coming up. Just need that 1st win and start to build confidence
    Looks like a good time to play West Ham?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    So that would involve dropping Mhikky as right winger where he scored one, made one and should have had more. ok.
    Where did I say that? I just said Bellerin is not a RB and would perhaps make a better winger.

Yes Chelsea were probably the better side but they were at home and we missed 2 absolute sitters and at least 2 other very good chances.

BT Sport were getting right on my tits, saying how poor we were defensively yet seemed determined not to mention how many times we cut Chelsea apart down the flanks.

Bellerin should just play on the wing, with the new chap as a RB.
    Meh. Bag of w@nkers imo.