Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Exactly how violent a rectal reaming are we to undergo tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Ah, England will be there from October. You can pop along and enjoy some proper culture.
    I went to the cricket ground at Galle once, which I was assured is world famous.

What a shíthole that was. Mind you, it was in the middle of a civil war.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    and this stuff, sadly.

best sticking to the Heineken, sc

Beautiful country, mind...
    Scotch and soda for me anywhere east of Isuanbul, i. You can trust Johnnie Walker to purify the local ice cubes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I went to the cricket ground at Galle once, which I was assured is world famous.

The fort walls get packed when a match is on. Or have they built a stand on that side yet?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    The fort walls get packed when a match is on. Or have they built a stand on that side yet?
    It was 15 years ago, I think. It was all pretty rustic.

Gosh, yes. The Sri Lankan civil war. That was a bit of a rum do, wasn't it? Basically, light-coloured dark chaps against dark-coloured dark chaps as far as I could make out. No idea what they were all so cross about.

I imagine they feel awfully silly these days having got themselves into such a to-do about nothing. Oh, well.

Gosh, yes. The Sri Lankan civil war. That was a bit of a rum do, wasn't it? Basically, light-coloured dark chaps against dark-coloured dark chaps as far as I could make out. No idea what they were all so cross about.

I imagine they feel awfully silly these days having got themselves into such a to-do about nothing. Oh, well.
    Doublehard bástards, those Tamil Tigers.

Nasty old business. Everything's much better now, naturally.

Doublehard bástards, those Tamil Tigers.

Nasty old business. Everything's much better now, naturally.
    Didn't they basically invent the suicide bomb vest?

Didn't they basically invent the suicide bomb vest?
    I wouldn't put it past them. I know that while I was there once they bombed the military airport by dropping an explosive device out of a Cessna 152. And got away as well.

I wouldn't put it past them. I know that while I was there once they bombed the military airport by dropping an explosive device out of a Cessna 152. And got away as well.
    I seem to remember that the government simply got fed up with them in the end and slaughtered them wholesale in a big massacre. The usual suspects got all pearl-clutchy about it, of course, but ultimately what are you supposed to do with fanatics who refuse to surrender?

I seem to remember that the government simply got fed up with them in the end and slaughtered them wholesale in a big massacre. The usual suspects got all pearl-clutchy about it, of course, but ultimately what are you supposed to do with fanatics who refuse to surrender?
    I suspect that the short, sharp savagery saved an awful lot of lives in the long term. Also, the economy was utterly fúcked, and now it's (relatively) thriving.

Best bit of brutality ever, imo.