Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Exactly how violent a rectal reaming are we to undergo tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    the choice of drink of tramps, g
    Brewed for Winston Churchill to thank him for the liberation of Denmark in particular and Western Europe in general.

He's the rare example of a good Tory. Was in the govt that gave us the people's budget and Parl Act and had Spesh brewed for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    It's actually at the bottom of the hill in McCleod Ganj, so it's only about 1,100m above sea level. Not like the Tibetan Plateau's that's over 3.5k.

Would the ball move faster through the air cos it's thinner?

I really don't know why the money-obsessed BBCI doesn't play a couple of extra tests there at the end of May, just before monsoon breaks. Climate's ideal, like an English summer's day.
    Certainly should go faster. Although it would probably swing less due to less air resistance. Should get some seriously big sixes, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Attachment 980

You should go to this stadium, B. I really wanna go. I haven't been back there since it's been built.

And once you've watched cricket in the Himalayan town with the Dalai Lama's govt in exile, you'll probably realise the error of your ways, drop your Tory materialism, shave your head, wear orange and go round with a begging bowl as you commune with the Divine.

Though you could then go to Manali or the Parvati Valley on the other sides of the state and do it the Hindu way instead. Dreadlocks, not skinhead. Saffron not orange. And smoke chillums non-stop so you get to the higher spiritual planes without as much of the hard work.

Chillum make me Shiva and all that.
    Those lads with their bodies all covered in ash and their cócks out.

What's that all about?

Brewed for Winston Churchill to thank him for the liberation of Denmark in particular and Western Europe in general.

He's the rare example of a good Tory. Was in the govt that gave us the people's budget and Parl Act and had Spesh brewed for him.
    we could always forget his terrible racism, in particular the Indians.

he also took gifts and cash from private businesses in return for influence in the UK political scene.

in short, he was just like modern politicians. Except the politicians around nowadays don't get sickly, over-strength lagers made for them.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

he also took gifts and cash from private businesses in return for influence in the UK political scene.

in short, he was just like modern politicians. Except the politicians around nowadays don't get sickly, over-strength lagers made for them.
    It seems harsh to define him as racist. He was an Edwardian, maybe even Victorian gentleman; his views on race were on the liberal side of prevailing attitudes.

I've considered Winston at some length and have come to the conclusion that, overall, he was pretty alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Those lads with their bodies all covered in ash and their cócks out.

What's that all about?
    There an extreme sect of Hindus. Think sort of puritan. There's even one lot that **** corpses so they don't get turned on, forcing them to think about Shiva as opposed to the rotting corpse their knobbing.

But the normal sadhus are sound. When I bathed in the Ganga at Varanasi, one came up to me from nowhere when I'd got out, made the trident sign on my head in ash and just buggered off. I actually felt rather honoured. Most tourists won't bathe there, what with the half burned corpses from dead people that couldn't afford enough wood for the funeral pyre but didn't want to skimp on the electric cremation.

But up in Himachal, the sadhus you meet are often westernised. They'll all Brahmins, obviously (priest caste init) so they'll go to university to make their parents happy, having grown up speaking English as well as Bengali or Hindi at home, but will then feel the call of the mountains and the desire to pursue a spiritual path.

So you can chat about politics, economics, philosophy etc with them. And they're really chilled, what with being middle class, educated Hindu hippies stoned off their trolley on the best puff on the planet.

It's meeting these ones that gets people like me and the Beatles into it all. You think they're the good ones and tend to ignore the huge numbers of normal non-sadhu Hindus who support the Hindutva nazis and burn Muslims and untouchables whenever they get the chance.

Politicians are cünts.

But cünts that introduce the welfare state, taking away power from the Lords in the process and get Spesh brewed for them, are better cünts than the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It seems harsh to define him as racist. He was an Edwardian, maybe even Victorian gentleman; his views on race were on the liberal side of prevailing attitudes.

I've considered Winston at some length and have come to the conclusion that, overall, he was pretty alright.
    Oh, he was an anti-Indian racist, C.

As you say, a lot of his class were. But a lot who had been there, whether George Orwell or Douglas Jardine loved the place.

He just hated the fact that they wanted independence and without India our empire, which he loved, was pointless.

As you say, he was a Victorian. But there were lots of Indophile Victorians just like there were lots of racist ones.

Oh, he was an anti-Indian racist, C.

As you say, a lot of his class were. But a lot who had been there, whether George Orwell or Douglas Jardine loved the place.

He just hated the fact that they wanted independence and without India our empire, which he loved, was pointless.

As you say, he was a Victorian. But there were lots of Indophile Victorians just like there were lots of racist ones.
    By the way, the language is Sinhala, the ethnicity Sinhalese.

He's the rare example of a good Tory.
    Spoken like a true Blairite, sir. Untroubled by such trifles as sending in troops and tanks against workers.

Quite an interesting summary of WC's controversies here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-29701767

Fairly balanced, but with the pro-Churchill voices somehow always having the last word.