Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Exactly how violent a rectal reaming are we to undergo tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I suspect that the short, sharp savagery saved an awful lot of lives in the long term. Also, the economy was utterly fúcked, and now it's (relatively) thriving.

Best bit of brutality ever, imo.
    Yes. Ends and means, innit.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    and this stuff, sadly.

best sticking to the Heineken, sc

Beautiful country, mind...
    India's got a great beer. Kingfisher Strong. Seems a bit over 7%. Excellent lager.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    India's got a great beer. Kingfisher Strong. Seems a bit over 7%. Excellent lager.
    You and yer bloody special brews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I've been putting windfall apples through my cider press. I've got a gallon or so of juice fermenting away in my utility room right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Ah, England will be there from October. You can pop along and enjoy some proper culture.
    Dharamshala_stadium,himachal_pradesh.jpg

You should go to this stadium, B. I really wanna go. I haven't been back there since it's been built.

And once you've watched cricket in the Himalayan town with the Dalai Lama's govt in exile, you'll probably realise the error of your ways, drop your Tory materialism, shave your head, wear orange and go round with a begging bowl as you commune with the Divine.

Though you could then go to Manali or the Parvati Valley on the other sides of the state and do it the Hindu way instead. Dreadlocks, not skinhead. Saffron not orange. And smoke chillums non-stop so you get to the higher spiritual planes without as much of the hard work.

Chillum make me Shiva and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    The drink of the Gods, mate. Spesh in GB, 8.6 in Europe, Kingfisher Strong in India. Bad Manners never wrote a song about Heineken or Stella, did they?

Few pints of weak lager and I get bloated, not pissed. Yet you can drink Brew all night. And all the next day, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Yet you can drink Brew all night. And all the next day, too.
    the choice of drink of tramps, g
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Dharamshala_stadium,himachal_pradesh.jpg

You should go to this stadium, B. I really wanna go. I haven't been back there since it's been built.

And once you've watched cricket in the Himalayan town with the Dalai Lama's govt in exile, you'll probably realise the error of your ways, drop your Tory materialism, shave your head, wear orange and go round with a begging bowl as you commune with the Divine.

Though you could then go to Manali or the Parvati Valley on the other sides of the state and do it the Hindu way instead. Dreadlocks, not skinhead. Saffron not orange. And smoke chillums non-stop so you get to the higher spiritual planes without as much of the hard work.

Chillum make me Shiva and all that.
    Altitude must make the bowling conditions interesting. Wouldn't fancy running between the wickets much (mind you, I don't at sea level, either).

Gosh, yes. The Sri Lankan civil war. That was a bit of a rum do, wasn't it? Basically, light-coloured dark chaps against dark-coloured dark chaps as far as I could make out. No idea what they were all so cross about.

I imagine they feel awfully silly these days having got themselves into such a to-do about nothing. Oh, well.
    Language, basically. There would be no real problem between Hindus and Buddhists under normal circs - Buddha is the 10th incarnation of Vishnu, after all.

But when the Tamils were forced to speak Sinhalese, they got the hump and started blowing things up, including poor old Rajiv.

But it's the lingo - think Belgium but with a much better understanding of the Divine and more bombs.

Altitude must make the bowling conditions interesting. Wouldn't fancy running between the wickets much (mind you, I don't at sea level, either).
    It's actually at the bottom of the hill in McCleod Ganj, so it's only about 1,100m above sea level. Not like the Tibetan Plateau's that's over 3.5k.

Would the ball move faster through the air cos it's thinner?

I really don't know why the money-obsessed BBCI doesn't play a couple of extra tests there at the end of May, just before monsoon breaks. Climate's ideal, like an English summer's day.