Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there anything more cringe-inducing embarrassing than dining with the sort of

Is there anything more cringe-inducing embarrassing than dining with the sort of

person who specifically asks for a glass of tap water knowing that the establishment cannot charge them for it? I mean what sort of message do these people think they are sending? Do they think we’re all thinking ‘Good for you! You’ve got your eye on the ball and aren’t going to let these thieving cùnts rinse you. Well done!’?
    When in fact everyone is just thinking you’re the sort of weird, tight-fisted **** who orders tap water.
    Last edited by Burney; 08-16-2018 at 01:31 PM.

Ah d'ya know what B some woman in the pub yesterday asked for 2 pints of tap water along with her food and wine. Must admit I was a bit confused as to why she specified 'tap'. You've cleared it up now, she was obviously a tight ****.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

I don’t think that’s the point. It’s related to the environmental impact. I don’t suppose the restaurant minds you ordering tap water if you’re dropping £70 on a mediocre Claret.

What kind of dopey **** pays for bacteria ridden bottled water? The tap water has a

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    person who specifically asks for a glass of tap water knowing that the establishment cannot charge them for it? I mean what sort of message do these people think they are sending? Do they think we’re all thinking ‘Good for you! You’ve got your eye on the ball and aren’t going to let these thieving cùnts rinse you. Well done!’?
    When in fact everyone is just thinking you’re the sort of weird, tight-fisted **** who orders tap water.
    good shot of bleach in it and if the water they sell you comes in a carafe, it probably came from the tap.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    I don’t think that’s the point. It’s related to the environmental impact. I don’t suppose the restaurant minds you ordering tap water if you’re dropping £70 on a mediocre Claret.
    Environmental impact my fùcking hole! These people are just mean. And - which is worse - they haven’t even the decency to be ashamed of their parsimony.
    And what the restaurant thinks is immaterial. This is about self-respect. If you go to a restaurant, you pay for stuff. You don’t try and wangle free stuff like some sort of fùcking pikey.
    Almost as bad are people who want to split bills. I’m not a rich man, but there have been several occasions in my life when, out of sheer embarrassment, I’ve been forced to throw my credit card at the thing just to make the awful, nitpicking, lower-middle-class vulgarity of bill-splitting stop.

I don’t consider someone who picks up a £500 restaurant tab with 25% service mean, but then I don’t have a problem with sharing a bill either. I sort of thought that was normal. I have been described as vulgar in the past, so you probably have a point.

I don’t consider someone who picks up a £500 restaurant tab with 25% service mean, but then I don’t have a problem with sharing a bill either. I sort of thought that was normal. I have been described as vulgar in the past, so you probably have a point.
    The question you need to ask yourself is why, when springing for a 625 quid bill, you feel the need to save yourself what? 20 tops on water?

Because it’s not about the money. You may argue that the environmental angle is no more than hollow virtue signalling, but it quite clearly isn’t about the money.

Because it’s not about the money. You may argue that the environmental angle is no more than hollow virtue signalling, but it quite clearly isn’t about the money.
    No issue spending good money on decent grub and booze but £12 on a bloody bottle of Fuji water, they can fvck right off

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    No issue spending good money on decent grub and booze but £12 on a bloody bottle of Fuji water, they can fvck right off
    You order a couple of pre-dinner drinks, as you finish them the waitress asks you if you are ready to order, you say yes and order your starters and entrees and a nice bottle of wine. She then asks if you want water for the table, you reply yes and that tap water is fine. She thanks you and leaves to place your order.

What's wrong with this exactly?

Also, you finish a meal with another couple, the waiter arrives with the bill and you tell him to split it into two and you give him two cards. He then processes two payments.

What's wrong with this exactly?