Crossword clue complaint

11 Exceptionally beautiful (9)

Answer: angelical

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

Really?
    not an answer I would immediately think of, tbf.

https://www.wordplays.com/crossword-...ally-beautiful

who knew?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

Really?
    Are you doing the Quick Crossword? Have you suffered a brain injury or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Are you doing the Quick Crossword? Have you suffered a brain injury or something?
    I should have thought that the answer to both of those questions is perfectly apparent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I should have thought that the answer to both of those questions is perfectly apparent.
    tbf, quick crosswords are for the shítter, sc.

Nobody can finish the cryptic one before horrendous pins and needles set in. Anyone who tells you different is a lying ****.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I mean it's one thing to do the retard crossword to fill an idle minute once you've polished off the Cryptic, but to talk about it in public - and admit you've failed! - requires a paucity of shame I simply cannot begin to comprehend.

the clue should be 'Maybe gain a cell to relate to heavenly figures'.
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fůckers even more.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    the clue should be 'Maybe gain a cell to relate to heavenly figures'.
    Or 'Agile clan resort to celestial quality'

I mean it's one thing to do the retard crossword to fill an idle minute once you've polished off the Cryptic, but to talk about it in public - and admit you've failed! - requires a paucity of shame I simply cannot begin to comprehend.
    Gosh, you must be really, really, really intelligent. You put me to shame and I feel utterly humiliated. Really I do.

Now, tell us all you know about probability theory and we can all have a good laugh at your expense.

Of course I don't do crosswords of any description. They're silly word games really, aren't they?

I think of the brain as a muscle. I prefer to keep it exercised with philosophical thought.