Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crossword clue complaint

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Wait... let me guess; he’s reading Ancient Greek at Magdelin, Oxford?
    Magdalen, for God's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Magdalen, for God's sake.
    No need to get all maudlin about it.

Actually that doesn't really work, but more importantly, how have we got this far in a thread about crosswords without someone pointing to the fact that crossword buffs tend to be pompous, arrogant, aloof, sneering, self-aggrandising and condescending snobs like MORSE?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

Actually that doesn't really work, but more importantly, how have we got this far in a thread about crosswords without someone pointing to the fact that crossword buffs tend to be pompous, arrogant, aloof, sneering, self-aggrandising and condescending snobs like MORSE?
    You make a good point, a. Dear Endeavour did have his faults, and like all great men he was capable of acknowledging them.

wd em.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

You seem to have misspelt 'Burney' there, Ash.

And yes, anyone that equates being good at puzzles like crosswords with intellect is probably by definition a bit thick. I've become much better at them just by trying them most days and getting used to them

Which has nothing to do with intellect whatsoever, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    You seem to have misspelt 'Burney' there, Ash.

And yes, anyone that equates being good at puzzles like crosswords with intellect is probably by definition a bit thick. I've become much better at them just by trying them most days and getting used to them

Which has nothing to do with intellect whatsoever, of course.
    Now, now, WES. No need to start stirring up trouble.

I like puzzles tbh. Getting paid to solve puzzles can be even more fun.