Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossword clue complaint

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Of course I don't do crosswords of any description. They're silly word games really, aren't they?

I think of the brain as a muscle. I prefer to keep it exercised with philosophical thought.
    You just don't do them because you know your wife will get involved and complete them in seconds flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You just don't do them because you know your wife will get involved and complete them in seconds flat.
    did you see University Challenge the other night?

we have our new Bobby Seagull.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post

Christ yes, that bloke knew... everything.

He must be a fúcking blast at parties.

I got 7 correct answers, that episode. The GLW got 8
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

fúck me, even the UC crowd are becoming 'celebrities' now

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45217265

fúck me, even the UC crowd are becoming 'celebrities' now

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45217265
    Christ. A shouty Canadian on our screens. Just what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Gosh, you must be really, really, really intelligent. You put me to shame and I feel utterly humiliated. Really I do.

Now, tell us all you know about probability theory and we can all have a good laugh at your expense.
    Probability theory says "The outcome of a random event cannot be determined before it occurs."

But the quantum eraser variation on the double split experiment shows that's bøllocks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6HLjpj4Nt4&t=14s

The first entangled particle know which random path its twin will take before it reaches the first of the two splitters than randomly send it in different directions.

It's fücking mind-blowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Probability theory says "The outcome of a random event cannot be determined before it occurs."

But the quantum eraser variation on the double split experiment shows that's bøllocks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6HLjpj4Nt4&t=14s

The first entangled particle know which random path its twin will take before it reaches the first of the two splitters than randomly send it in different directions.

It's fücking mind-blowing.
    Ah, the old non-local connectivity chestnut. Information moving freely in time-and-space? Or seemingly disparate events linked through another, invisible dimension. I prefer the latter as a conceptual model, but the first is more spooky and therefore, fun.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Gosh, you must be really, really, really intelligent. You put me to shame and I feel utterly humiliated. Really I do.

Now, tell us all you know about probability theory and we can all have a good laugh at your expense.
    I'm **** at crosswords as well. I am not remotely ashamed of it. Some of the dullest, least interesting people I know are brilliant at them.

Wait... let me guess; he’s reading Ancient Greek at Magdelin, Oxford?