Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I have virtually bankrupted myself in purchasing a house in Wimbledon... The whole

I have virtually bankrupted myself in purchasing a house in Wimbledon... The whole

thing needs ripping out and replacing really. In a right state. I have two questions, however:

1. Which pubs in Wimbledon must I frequent?
    2. Is it possible for a man to get by on just GBP600 to spend on himself per month?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    thing needs ripping out and replacing really. In a right state. I have two questions, however:

2. Is it possible for a man to get by on just GBP600 to spend on himself per month?
    Are you in the village or down the hill?

Having a spare GBP600 every month doesn't really sound like bankruptcy territory, r
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Are you in the village or down the hill?
    Towards the Village/common. Just down the hill slightly from the Hand In Hand pub and some school.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Having a spare GBP600 every month doesn't really sound like bankruptcy territory, r
    That's not spare - that's the money I'm budgeting to do the things I like with. All of my spare cash is going to builders & kitchen/bathroom fitters (or other tradesmen that most likely won't take the boots off at the door)

That's not spare - that's the money I'm budgeting to do the things I like with. All of my spare cash is going to builders & kitchen/bathroom fitters (or other tradesmen that most likely won't take the boots off at the door)
    If that includes food Rich, you're f*cked. F*cked in the sense that you need to think about a monk style of living.

If that includes food Rich, you're f*cked. F*cked in the sense that you need to think about a monk style of living.
    Food has been budgeted for separately - this is purely my beer/leisure money. But it's going to mean imposing austerity measures on myself. I might have to start buying wine from Tesco.

That doesn't include booze, of course? £600 is only 30 bottles of decent claret. That's a just one bottle a day!

If the £600 is living AND development money then, as you say, r is royally fúcked.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Food has been budgeted for separately - this is purely my beer/leisure money. But it's going to mean imposing austerity measures on myself. I might have to start buying wine from Tesco.
    So you're not fúcked or bankrupt then.
    Jeez