Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I've experienced many of these 50 and can assure you that many of them

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    I'm not taking the piss WES. Good, honest food for hard-working sons of the soil - not this poncy crap served up for office-wallahs
    To each his own, 71g.

Cornish pasties are not for me, I'm afraid. Hard pastry containing slightly boring filling at about 1000 Celsius isn't my cup of tea, as it were.

Load of f'kin tosh. Where's the Cornish pasty?
    where is sharwarma, ffs?

WES - I went to Azkadenya at the Mall Of The Emirates and actually had some great shawarma. In a fúcking Mall restaurant! Cheap as fúck too, well for Dubai.
    No booze of course, but the bar war open at the Sheraton attached to the Mall
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    where is sharwarma, ffs?

WES - I went to Azkadenya at the Mall Of The Emirates and actually had some great shawarma. In a fúcking Mall restaurant! Cheap as fúck too, well for Dubai.
    No booze of course, but the bar war open at the Sheraton attached to the Mall
    Ah ha! I've been to that mall once only and the first thing I thought of was that I needed to get to the food court to have a kebab!

Most excellent it was, as well. Bizarre place, made me feel like I was in Vegas. Arabic families with the men and women completely covered in Arabic robes with only their faces showing interspersed with Westerners dressed as we normally would. The Swedish bird in the denim shorts and white halter top particularly stood out.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    are overrated toss. 10 and 18 being the most notable of those.

No arguments with 1, 12, 14 and 36 mind. Charles, no doubt, would tell you they are all perfect.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and...k-french-food/
    It's hard to take such lists seriously, since it is impossible to avoid the suspicion that the answers are motivated as much by a desire to signal one's level of sophistication as by the food itself.

The number one answer is a classic example of this. It is motivated entirely by a desire to distinguish Pinxtos from tapas and demonstrate that the person giving the answer knows the difference. Of course, the fact is that Pinxtos are almost infinitely variable and thus to claim that they are all a great food experience is deeply silly - some of them may well be utterly minging. Equally, 'cheese in France'? What? Which cheese? Where in France?
    But that's not the point. The real point is for the respondent to show what a colossal bell-end they are and thus garner bell-end points from their fellow bell-ends.

I'm not taking the piss WES. Good, honest food for hard-working sons of the soil - not this poncy crap served up for office-wallahs
    Someone had to say it, 71. I bet there's not even a ham egg and chips on that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's hard to take such lists seriously, since it is impossible to avoid the suspicion that the answers are motivated as much by a desire to signal one's level of sophistication as by the food itself.
    This, basically. Although I might argue that it's less of a suspicion and more of a cold, hard, fùcking fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Someone had to say it, 71. I bet there's not even a ham egg and chips on that list.
    It's so disappointing when you get your ham egg and chips and find that the monster masquerading as a chef has loaded the ham onto the plate straight from the fridge and then added the eggs on top!

Cold egg white :shudder:

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    are overrated toss. 10 and 18 being the most notable of those.

No arguments with 1, 12, 14 and 36 mind. Charles, no doubt, would tell you they are all perfect.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and...k-french-food/
    **** off. The Torygraph, not you. French food is ace.

Where is the andouillette? Merguez and mustard in a baguette? The humble gallette jambon frmage or pain au choc? They know more about cooking cow that anyone else and if you add up every cheese in every country outside France, there are probably less than 10% of the total number of French ones.

At Xmas, al the supermarkets loss lead with foie gras and sauternes doubles, so you can afford to have that with 2-3 mates for the price of a couple of pints each in a London pub.

Usual anti-EU racist bull**** from a paper owned by a couple of tax-haven based incestuous twins.

The only GB stuff I ever eat in France is PG tips. {G20 in Rue Rivoli sells them, round the corner from where I stay.} Though I might bring out some horseradish for my mates to try once next time, just so we can make loads of Rosbif jokes at each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's so disappointing when you get your ham egg and chips and find that the monster masquerading as a chef has loaded the ham onto the plate straight from the fridge and then added the eggs on top!

Cold egg white :shudder:
    Sometimes the yolks aren't even runny.

What sort of an animal would do that to a fried egg?

Irish Stew in Dublin.

Well fúck me twice. Clearly written by a retard.