Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Man City - Stadium Capacity - 55,097
    Man United - Stadium Capacity - 74,994
    Chelsea - Stadium Capacity - 41,631
    Liverpool - Stadium Capacity - 54,074
    Tottenham - New stadium capacity - 62,062

Maximum capacity of Highbury - 38,419

Do you see the problem?
    And we weren't to know they'd start selling the television broadcast rights for billions, making gate receipts almost irrelevant, were we

Probably even took Abramovich by surprise, that #StanKnows
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    And we weren't to know they'd start selling the television broadcast rights for billions, making gate receipts almost irrelevant, were we

Probably even took Abramovich by surprise, that #StanKnows
    We were remarkably unlucky in a number of quite unforseeable ways, which is why blaming AW is so monstrously unfair.

...which is why blaming AW is so monstrously unfair.
    as this particular type of window of opportunity is so very short; one should always blame the recently departed employee, b.

a bit like your previous company are doing now
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

We were remarkably unlucky in a number of quite unforseeable ways, which is why blaming AW is so monstrously unfair.
    No, it's not unfair at all, if you're going to bang on about your economics degree, imo. Stolz kommt es vor dem Fall and a' that.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

No, it's not unfair at all, if you're going to bang on about your economics degree, imo. Stolz kommt es vor dem Fall and a' that.
    Did he bang on about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Did he bang on about it?
    Obviously He must've done if everybody knows.

Obviously He must've done if everybody knows.
    Everyone knows that the dismal science is certainly dismal, but most definitely isn't a science.

If economics degrees were of any use for predicting future events, we'd never have recessions.

Yeah ... what red said imo. When he wasn't bitching

about financial doping he was whining that other teams were beating us because of their refusal to join in our game of flicky-flicky-pass-pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    about financial doping he was whining that other teams were beating us because of their refusal to join in our game of flicky-flicky-pass-pass.
    Yes, but I'm not sure you're really the chap to judge him, h. You always found his erudition, calm and decency threatening due to you being a barely-educated jobbie-botherer with all the class and decorum of a steel puddler's underpants.

Yes, but I'm not sure you're really the chap to judge him, h. You always found his erudition, calm and decency threatening due to you being a barely-educated jobbie-botherer with all the class and decorum of a steel puddler's underpants.
    Well I say old chap, that really is rather rum* don'cha think?

Why is it, do you suppose b, that a man so erudite and learned never really mastered the english language and spoke it like a second rate actor guesting in 'Allo 'allo? For some reason, I always imagined him having the most frightful halitosis too.

*every word true