Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tonight I will be attending MK Dons v Charlton in the league cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He was always Charlton at heart, though. He used to drink in the Royal Standard with Derek Hales and Mike Flanagan. That's a point, I must remember tonight that I'm supporting Charlton. I hope their supporters do a good line in mockery on a 'south London' theme.
    Charlton were always the nice South London club, weren't they? Mind you, compared to Millwall, it's hard not to look nice.

I remember Mike Flanagan playing for Palace. He had a cracking moustache/perm combo, a face like a bulldog and appeared to be several stone overweight.

Last time I went to Floyd Rd I was sat amongst some Charlton hardcore. Nice my fat

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Charlton were always the nice South London club, weren't they? Mind you, compared to Millwall, it's hard not to look nice.

I remember Mike Flanagan playing for Palace. He had a cracking moustache/perm combo, a face like a bulldog and appeared to be several stone overweight.
    black arse. Totally BNP. TH got that breakaway goal and they were spitting nails cos it was clearly "fackin offside". I resisted the temptation to point out that he started his run from a position at least 5 years on-side.

I was also at the Wimbledon defeat btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    black arse. Totally BNP. TH got that breakaway goal and they were spitting nails cos it was clearly "fackin offside". I resisted the temptation to point out that he started his run from a position at least 5 years on-side.

Wait, 3 of us were at some random league game at Selhurst Park in November 1998? What are the chances of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post

Hang on. You measure distance in temporal units? This is some next-level, Stephen Hawking linesman sh1t, h.

Mind blown.
    Last edited by Sir C; 08-14-2018 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Apostrophe abuse

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Wait, 3 of us were at some random league game at Selhurst Park in November 1998? What are the chances of that?
    Quite good when you consider that we all support Arsenal, are roughly of an age and - at least in your and my case - were both living in in South London at the time.

Mind you, other people claim falsely to have been at Anfield in 89. We claim to have been at Selhurst Park in November to watch us get turned over by Wimbledon.

Hang on. You measure distance in temporal units? This is some next-level, Stephen Hawking linesman sh1t, h.

Mind blown.
    TH ran so fast he merely caused the perturbations in the space-time continuum that Einstein had predicted.

Quite good when you consider that we all support Arsenal, are roughly of an age and - at least in your and my case - were both living in in South London at the time.

Mind you, other people claim falsely to have been at Anfield in 89. We claim to have been at Selhurst Park in November to watch us get turned over by Wimbledon.
    I only ever went to Selhurst Park to see Crystal Palace
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I only ever went to Selhurst Park to see Crystal Palace
    It's the only decent way to behave. Watching Wimbledon there is like going to a squatter's dinner party.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    It's the only decent way to behave. Watching Wimbledon there is like going to a squatter's dinner party.
    I don't think I've ever been to a squatter's dinner party.

Are they any good, a?

Don't your thighs get awfully tired?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I don't think I've ever been to a squatter's dinner party.

Are they any good, a?

Don't your thighs get awfully tired?
    Best avoided outside of the summer months and always take a ground sheet or one of those camping chairs if the property is on the Bishops Avenue.