Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tonight I will be attending MK Dons v Charlton in the league cup.

Tonight I will be attending MK Dons v Charlton in the league cup.

The last time I saw MK Dons they were called Wimbledon, and they beat us 1-0 at Selhurst Park. Stephen Hughes came on in the second half. The next day my father died.

Makes you think, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The last time I saw MK Dons they were called Wimbledon, and they beat us 1-0 at Selhurst Park. Stephen Hughes came on in the second half. The next day my father died.

Makes you think, doesn't it?
    Gosh. I was at that game. Ekoku scored didn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Gosh. I was at that game. Ekoku scored didn't he?
    Christ knows who scored. I only remember Stephehn Hughes coming on and my missus saying loudly, "Ooh , is that that nice Stephen you like so much?" I was in the home end, not particularly a-feared for my life.

Christ knows who scored. I only remember Stephehn Hughes coming on and my missus saying loudly, "Ooh , is that that nice Stephen you like so much?" I was in the home end, not particularly a-feared for my life.
    That was a nice thing about having Wimbledon in the Premiership, actually. You could always get a ticket for the Arsenal game - and you didn't have to schlep up to Highbury. Good timez.

Now I think of it, it was only a couple of days before young E was born.

Now I think of it, it was only a couple of days before young E was born.
    And you sloped off to the football?

Nice.

And you sloped off to the football?

Nice.
    In my defence, she was several weeks early, the impatient little brat. Also, I'd left R with my mother in case it all went off and had gone to the game with the old man.

In my defence, she was several weeks early, the impatient little brat. Also, I'd left R with my mother in case it all went off and had gone to the game with the old man.
    My word, I bet he was quite the ray of sunshine during and after

I went to my parents' house after the game to see my pa, who'd be sent home to die, and he spoke his last cogent words to me. "Could you fetch me my cigarettes please?" which was funny, given that it was some months since he'd been in a condition where he was capable of smoking, and then, "Lost? To Wimbledon?"

Next day, deaded.

Good timez.

My word, I bet he was quite the ray of sunshine during and after

I went to my parents' house after the game to see my pa, who'd be sent home to die, and he spoke his last cogent words to me. "Could you fetch me my cigarettes please?" which was funny, given that it was some months since he'd been in a condition where he was capable of smoking, and then, "Lost? To Wimbledon?"

Next day, deaded.

Good timez.
    Look on the bright side, though: he died when we were still champions and didn't have to watch Dennis miss that penalty.

Look on the bright side, though: he died when we were still champions and didn't have to watch Dennis miss that penalty.
    He was always Charlton at heart, though. He used to drink in the Royal Standard with Derek Hales and Mike Flanagan. That's a point, I must remember tonight that I'm supporting Charlton. I hope their supporters do a good line in mockery on a 'south London' theme.