Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New signings review

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    WESLEY "contrary to the opinions of a chap named Gary Jacobs"

The obese , deceased lawyer ?
    He represented a mate of mine, many years a go. He kept referring to him as, Yesil. Midnight Express was all the rage back then.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    contrary to the opinions of a chap named Gary Jacobs - who appears to be a know nothing c*nt of the highest order - I thought the new signings who played all impressed.

Sokratis - looked like a good CB, certainly as good or better than anything else we have at the club now
    Gwendoozi - mistakes, needs to learn but I loved him, looks like he will be a real addition to the club
    Licksteiner - see Sokratis but a FB
    Torreira - for the time he was on the pitch he looked very good, can imagine him and Gwen playing together for some time

The players who disappointed were already with us; can't think of a good thing to say about any of Mikkie, Ozil, Boomerang or Lacazette and as for Ramsey and Xhaka, less said the better, I think

Pretty much the same for me.

Gwen & Torreria will be a formidable partnership.

Re: Lichsteiner - we been starved of world class quality at the back for so long that even him in his old age looks awesome at LB. Thanks Arsene...

Thought Mikkie was going to be subbed then Ramsey sent his pass to the invisible man and Unai flipped out.

Re Leno

I think he’s done the right thing with Leno. We don’t need another Richard Wright on our hands ie starts well, makes a couple of mistakes and then breaks down mentally. Let’s ease him into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

Pretty much the same for me.

Gwen & Torreria will be a formidable partnership.

Re: Lichsteiner - we been starved of world class quality at the back for so long that even him in his old age looks awesome at LB. Thanks Arsene...

Thought Mikkie was going to be subbed then Ramsey sent his pass to the invisible man and Unai flipped out.

Re Leno

I think he’s done the right thing with Leno. We don’t need another Richard Wright on our hands ie starts well, makes a couple of mistakes and then breaks down mentally. Let’s ease him into it.
    I seem to recall at least two frivolous flicks from the Welsher, neither of which came off. I can imagine Unai was in a state about both.

Which is possibly the best thing to come out of the match. We appear to have a manager - finally - who will hold the players accountable for their play, the substitutions suggest that is true.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Which is possibly the best thing to come out of the match. We appear to have a manager - finally - who will hold the players accountable for their play, the substitutions suggest that is true.
    I reckon Ozil would have been next if the AMN substitution hadn't happened earlier.

Talking of rubbish, what a fine article this is...

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/felixstow...tter-1-5648826

"As bad as this was, it was still out-ranked by a used tampon I found on a street corner a few weeks ago."

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Lol Terminator