Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: So how long will it take all the Wengeraht diehards to stop blaming AW

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Yes, I knew you weren't doing it in a serious way, but others are so this was directed at them.

F*ckssake, give me a little credit
    Fair enough.

There is a vague truth underlying my nonsense, though. I found myself genuinely surprised that I just didn't give a toss about Sunday's game. I think on some level I'd thought that the first game of the season under a new manager might revive my interest, but it just didn't. 4 O'Clock came around, England were hunting down a win in the test match and I just couldn't be arsed turning over. I switched over briefly just in time to see City's second go in and found I felt nothing about it whatsoever. Not angry, sad, disappointed - nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Fair enough.

There is a vague truth underlying my nonsense, though. I found myself genuinely surprised that I just didn't give a toss about Sunday's game. I think on some level I'd thought that the first game of the season under a new manager might revive my interest, but it just didn't. 4 O'Clock came around, England were hunting down a win in the test match and I just couldn't be arsed turning over. I switched over briefly just in time to see City's second go in and found I felt nothing about it whatsoever. Not angry, sad, disappointed - nothing.
    I’d guess that’s the default position for most supporters tbf. Emotions tend to become more amped when there’s a distinct possibility of either winning something, or performing considerably below par.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    'suffer'

Such people are bedwetting little nancy boys and ought not to be allowed outside without their mummies.
    Same as you! Distinction is, you don't like "their" sort.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."