Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Now I don't really care about James Bond films as they're really stupid, but

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Quantum of Sole-bass could have worked
    Barramun-Die Another Day?

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    We can't have Red as Bond
    He's far too suave for the role

Mind you , the franchise was way ahead of the curve when Felix Leiter turned black for Live And Let Die in '73
    You're too kind. I only drink beer. And the occasional dram or two for medicinal purposes.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Idris Elba being made the new James Bond would strike me as a fairly major 'fúck you' to the sort of people who are.

Apart from anything else, surely Hollywood must have noticed by now that this sort of 'woke' stunt casting is not exactly box office dynamite?
    BLACKS !!!

Not really true though. Yes, Asian peoples don't like and are scared of blacks as a rule, and this cuts into a film's expected profits. But if a dark-complected person can break through, the world is their oyster. Cf Will Smith. With that being said, I think Idris is too old. Also, while he's a good looking dude, he's not such a great actor. He's no Don Cheadle, nor even a David Oyelewo.

But then I realize this is just James Bond, so who gives a sh!t.