Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Now I don't really care about James Bond films as they're really stupid, but

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    OK, let's ignore the canon and talk in terms of the brand. The (highly successful) brand is that he's a white, upper middle-class British man.

Also, he's called James, so him being a woman would be pretty weird.
    Ignoring the canon wouldn't do either, as that would defeat the whole point and object. Re-writing the canon, re-writing history itself is what it's all about.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Trouble is they have tried to link the character back to his origins (in particular in Skyfall), so it would be weird if he suddenly became black, while all the other characters remained the same. Though nothing to stop them completely changing direction as you say. Personally, I would go with a puma as JB - or a shark
    Well, yes, but they haven't taken him back to being a ruthless sex criminal who doesn't hesitate to torture women to achieve his goals, have they?

Bond hasn't been Bond since Connery, so, pfff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The brand is that he's an English (Scottish?) gentleman with impeccable taste and a decent line in running shooting punching driving and shiz. And he's cool.

He could easily be a she. Or Afro-Caribbean, or Anglo-Indian. It makes no difference now.
    Well in that case I think red should play him. At least he's not common.

Well in that case I think red should play him. At least he's not common.
    red should play him as a white trans woman who identifies as a black lesbian.

The brand is that he's an English (Scottish?) gentleman with impeccable taste and a decent line in running shooting punching driving and shiz. And he's cool.

He could easily be a she. Or Afro-Caribbean, or Anglo-Indian. It makes no difference now.
    So you are, quite deliberately I feel, excluding disabled folk like me by saying he can't be in a wheelchair? For shame.

a ruthless sex criminal who doesn't hesitate to torture women to achieve his goals
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

You say that like it's a bad thing.
    He's quite rapey in the books, inasmuch as he doesn't really take no for an answer, but continues to press his suit until swooning and compliance occurs.

Naughty jb #metoo

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Ignoring the canon wouldn't do either, as that would defeat the whole point and object. Re-writing the canon, re-writing history itself is what it's all about.
    Well yes. We do seem to have decided to go a bit Year Zero on western civilisation don't we? I blame that stinking old fraud Gandhi.

Oh, well. We had a good run, I suppose.

Fishfinger?
    Don't even need to change Octopussy - might make a much better film though

This is getting a kicking critically but I do quite want to see The Meg - Jason Statham v a prehistoric shark
    http://www.themeg.movie

If Bond can be 116 then why not explore earlier eras?

A Napoleonic Bond, perhaps, in From Prussia with Love.