Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Now I don't really care about James Bond films as they're really stupid, but

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Idris Elba being made the new James Bond would strike me as a fairly major 'fúck you' to the sort of people who are.

Apart from anything else, surely Hollywood must have noticed by now that this sort of 'woke' stunt casting is not exactly box office dynamite?
    There's no reason Bond shouldn't be black, though. There's no canonical thread that directly links Sean Connery to Daniel Craig other than a shared name and general theme. If we were to stick strictly to the terms of the books, Bond would be about 116.

Connery was identifiable as Fleming's Bond and the films were based on his writing. The films which followed Connery have been Bond in name only. His next incarnation could easily be black, Asian, female or a dog.

How dare you, h? I am much more woke than you.

Personally, I think they should spraypaint Michelangelo's David brown (and give him a bigger cock); paint a burqa on Botticelli's Venus and produce a dub version of Beethoven's Eroica to replace the original.

That's how much all these manifestations of white 'culture' disgust me.
    Well that's a little better but why should it be a cock on David? What's wrong with an enormous great gaping fanny eh? Are you a misogynist b?

Ralph Fienes as the next Shaft ?

You’d think they’d have learned about the limits of adaptation with Idris following that comedy turd he served up on Sky recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    There's no reason Bond shouldn't be black, though. There's no canonical thread that directly links Sean Connery to Daniel Craig other than a shared name and general theme. If we were to stick strictly to the terms of the books, Bond would be about 116.

Connery was identifiable as Fleming's Bond and the films were based on his writing. The films which followed Connery have been Bond in name only. His next incarnation could easily be black, Asian, female or a dog.
    Trouble is they have tried to link the character back to his origins (in particular in Skyfall), so it would be weird if he suddenly became black, while all the other characters remained the same. Though nothing to stop them completely changing direction as you say. Personally, I would go with a puma as JB - or a shark

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

OK, let's ignore the canon and talk in terms of the brand. The (highly successful) brand is that he's a white, upper middle-class British man.

Also, he's called James, so him being a woman would be pretty weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Trouble is they have tried to link the character back to his origins (in particular in Skyfall), so it would be weird if he suddenly became black, while all the other characters remained the same. Though nothing to stop them completely changing direction as you say. Personally, I would go with a puma as JB - or a shark
    A shark would be good. Although somewhat limiting in terms of story line. He'd only be able to foil the dastardly plots of Her Majesty's more sea-bound enemies.

On Her Majesty's Sea-creature Service?

A shark would be good. Although somewhat limiting in terms of story line. He'd only be able to foil the dastardly plots of Her Majesty's more sea-bound enemies.

On Her Majesty's Sea-creature Service?
    Maybe with a whale as villain in View to A Krill?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Maybe with a whale as villain in View to A Krill?
    Fishfinger?

Fishfinger?
    Octopuss...oh.

OK, let's ignore the canon and talk in terms of the brand. The (highly successful) brand is that he's a white, upper middle-class British man.

Also, he's called James, so him being a woman would be pretty weird.
    The brand is that he's an English (Scottish?) gentleman with impeccable taste and a decent line in running shooting punching driving and shiz. And he's cool.

He could easily be a she. Or Afro-Caribbean, or Anglo-Indian. It makes no difference now.