Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Now I don't really care about James Bond films as they're really stupid, but

Now I don't really care about James Bond films as they're really stupid, but

Idris Elba being made the new James Bond would strike me as a fairly major 'fúck you' to the sort of people who are.

Apart from anything else, surely Hollywood must have noticed by now that this sort of 'woke' stunt casting is not exactly box office dynamite?
    Last edited by Burney; 08-10-2018 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Idris Elba being made the new James Bond would strike me as a fairly major 'fúck you' to the sort of people who are.

Apart from anything else, surely Hollywood must have noticed by now that this sort of 'woke' stunt casting is not exactly box office dynamite?
    That's all very well and all that (and given they haven't even started filming the "last" Daniel Craig one and Eon, with whom I have done some work in the past, are notoriously slow to make any decisions, I doubt this is anything more than groundless gossip), but what's the weather like over there?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    That's all very well and all that (and given they haven't even started filming the "last" Daniel Craig one and Eon, with whom I have done some work in the past, are notoriously slow to make any decisions, I doubt this is anything more than groundless gossip), but what's the weather like over there?
    Oh, I know. I'm just musing on the rumour, really. It just seems to me that messing about with a 65 year-old canon to pander to some silly idea of diversity is a fairly risky move.

It's fine and clear, la. 4 day test match ahoy!

Oh, I know. I'm just musing on the rumour, really. It just seems to me that messing about with a 65 year-old canon to pander to some silly idea of diversity is a fairly risky move.

Of course, thing is they also aren't stupid - they'll only pander to some silly idea of diversity if they think it will make them more money, which as you say is unlikely. Just paying lip service to the idea keeps them in the news between films (see also Colin Salmon rumours pre/post-Brosnan.

Excellent news on the weather - now to to win the toss
    Excellent

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Of course, thing is they also aren't stupid - they'll only pander to some silly idea of diversity if they think it will make them more money, which as you say is unlikely. Just paying lip service to the idea keeps them in the news between films (see also Colin Salmon rumours pre/post-Brosnan.

Excellent news on the weather - now to to win the toss
    Excellent
    That is my assumption, too. Apart from anything else, Elba's likely to be about 50 by the time a new Bond film appears. Assuming he were to sign on for 5 to 10 years, he'd be getting on for Roger Moore in View To A Kill levels of oldness.

However, Hollywood has done some pretty stupid stuff. All-female Ghostbusters 2, anyone?

Rain at eleven.

Three day test.

You really are the most frightful old gammon b. I don't think they've gone far

enough. It's time James Bond was a fat black lesbian woman in a wheelchair. I would have said jewish too but then every ****'d hate her.

That is my assumption, too. Apart from anything else, Elba's likely to be about 50 by the time a new Bond film appears. Assuming he were to sign on for 5 to 10 years, he'd be getting on for Roger Moore in View To A Kill levels of oldness.

However, Hollywood has done some pretty stupid stuff. All-female Ghostbusters 2, anyone?
    5ft tall Tom Cruise as 6ft 5 Jack Reacher That annoys me more than anything

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    enough. It's time James Bond was a fat black lesbian woman in a wheelchair. I would have said jewish too but then every ****'d hate her.
    How dare you, h? I am much more woke than you.

Personally, I think they should spraypaint Michelangelo's David brown (and give him a bigger cock); paint a burqa on Botticelli's Venus and produce a dub version of Beethoven's Eroica to replace the original.

That's how much all these manifestations of white 'culture' disgust me.

Vodka Martini replaces with a Dark N Stormy....quite partial to that drink too.

Kind of grateful they aren’t even thinking of the next double O being a woman.

Seems to be the hot trend right now...Female Ghostbusters, Female Oceans, Female Terminator and now I’m hearing they’ve even got a female Predator

https://www.themarysue.com/female-predator/

Yep she’s got some titties on her....or it...not sure how gender works with aliens imo