Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 53

Thread: Now I don't really care about James Bond films as they're really stupid, but

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Well, yes, but they haven't taken him back to being a ruthless sex criminal who doesn't hesitate to torture women to achieve his goals, have they?

    Bond hasn't been Bond since Connery, so, pfff.
    You can't have everything

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    If Bond can be 116 then why not explore earlier eras?

    A Napoleonic Bond, perhaps, in From Prussia with Love.
    I like it, I like it. Also, why do we have to see him from a western perspective? How about a Buddhist Bond in You Only Live 3,678 Times.

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I like it, I like it. Also, why do we have to see him from a western perspective? How about a Buddhist Bond in You Only Live 3,678 Times.
    A Bond with better sexual etiquette in Dr No Means No?

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I like it, I like it. Also, why do we have to see him from a western perspective? How about a Buddhist Bond in You Only Live 3,678 Times.


    Thor could be the villain in Thunderbolt.

  5. #35

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post


    Thor could be the villain in Thunderbolt.
    I would definitely watch the Man With the Golden Gnu

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Idris Elba being made the new James Bond would strike me as a fairly major 'fck you' to the sort of people who are.

    Apart from anything else, surely Hollywood must have noticed by now that this sort of 'woke' stunt casting is not exactly box office dynamite?
    Actually, Bond is the topic of today's wine quiz question: Which brand of champagne does he mostly prefer. He started with Dom, I think, in the early days. Then changed to Bolly.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

    "But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Actually, Bond is the topic of today's wine quiz question: Which brand of champagne does he mostly prefer. He started with Dom, I think, in the early days. Then changed to Bolly.
    https://www.decanter.com/wine-news/o...-drink-279823/

  9. #39
    We can't have Red as Bond
    He's far too suave for the role

    Mind you , the franchise was way ahead of the curve when Felix Leiter turned black for Live And Let Die in '73
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    We can't have Red as Bond
    He's far too suave for the role

    Mind you , the franchise was way ahead of the curve when Felix Leiter turned black for Live And Let Die in '73
    I think Live and Let Die is the only one I've seen all the way through. Not from start to finish, but I think I've absorbed it all over the years. It's the one with all the voodoo, isn't it?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •