Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: By Karen Danczuk's cleavage I think I've found it!

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Ah yes - looks lovely anyway
    For me, the big problem with Cornwall is quite how long it takes to get there. The only civilised way to get there is fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You may find a Frenchman's creek romantic, my friend, but it does nothing for me. NTTAWWI.
    Dona knew that I was coming!

“And perhaps one day, in after years, someone would wander there and listen to the silence, as she had done, and catch the whisper of the dreams that she had dreamt there, in midsummer, under the hot sun and the white sky.”

Oh, I shall catch her dreams' whispers in the whiteheat of, well, mid-Septmeber

For me, the big problem with Cornwall is quite how long it takes to get there. The only civilised way to get there is fly.
    Nonsense, man. How can you carry all the kitchen equipment required if you fly? And by the time you've got to Gatwick and gone through security, flown to Exeter, got your luggage and hired a car, it's taken just as long.

The way to get there is to leave at midday on Friday, take a gentle meander as far as Yeovil or Ilminster, enjoy a night in a cosy coaching inn - the sort of place that will serve you a mixed grill or ham, egg and chips, then up at first light and complete your journey on Saturday morning.

All of this accompanied by Du Maurier on audiobook, of course.

Lovely stuff.

Nah the 3 litre Granada GXL will sit comfortably at a ton all the way*

*I may have time travelled back to the 70's a bit there.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    Nah the 3 litre Granada GXL will sit comfortably at a ton all the way*

*I may have time travelled back to the 70's a bit there.
    If you can hustle a Granada along the A303 at a ton without it flying off into the hedge, you're a fúcking genius bb.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Nonsense, man. How can you carry all the kitchen equipment required if you fly? And by the time you've got to Gatwick and gone through security, flown to Exeter, got your luggage and hired a car, it's taken just as long.

The way to get there is to leave at midday on Friday, take a gentle meander as far as Yeovil or Ilminster, enjoy a night in a cosy coaching inn - the sort of place that will serve you a mixed grill or ham, egg and chips, then up at first light and complete your journey on Saturday morning.

All of this accompanied by Du Maurier on audiobook, of course.

Lovely stuff.
    You can fly to Newquay. It takes half an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    If you can hustle a Granada along the A303 at a ton without it flying off into the hedge, you're a fúcking genius bb.
    If you can get it up to a ton as you go past Stonehenge you're a miracle worker.

last two times I have been down there is by train to St Austell. Wasn't bad at all imo. Beautiful scenery once you get past Plymouth. Even better on the way back as I was able to sleep knowing I couldn't miss my stop

You can fly to Newquay. It takes half an hour.
    It takes half an hour airborne.

It takes an hour to get to Gatwick and park, more if you don't want to pay £300 a day for short term parking. It takes an hour to check in and clear security. It takes 20 minutes to taxy to the hold. It takes 30 minutes in the air. It takes 30 minutes to taxy onto stand, disembark and collect your luggage. It takes half an hour to collect your hire car. It takes however long it takes to drive to your destination. That's a minimum of 4 hours and an árseful of fúcking about.

Sit in the car, fire up your book and relax.

I've even worked this out with getting to Uzes. I can drive it comfortably overnight in 11 hours. If I fly to Montpellier and then hire a car it takes a good 7 or 8 hours. Fúck that, it's much nicer to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    last two times I have been down there is by train to St Austell. Wasn't bad at all imo. Beautiful scenery once you get past Plymouth. Even better on the way back as I was able to sleep knowing I couldn't miss my stop
    Now you've made me sad.