Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've decided that today is a good day for Baked camambert in a box

I've decided that today is a good day for Baked camambert in a box

A clove of garlic rubbed on top, a few holes with which to pour a little white wine, then baked for twenty minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    A clove of garlic rubbed on top, a few holes with which to pour a little white wine, then baked for twenty minutes.
    But what of the bread therein to dunk, 7? You need the good bread.

Of course some people might dip batons of carrot or celery in there; these people would also interfere with kiddies, given half a chance.

I really fancy cauliflower cheese, but I've got duck legs. You can't have cauliflower cheese with duck legs, can you? That would be simply wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Of course some people might dip batons of carrot or celery in there; these people would also interfere with kiddies, given half a chance.

I really fancy cauliflower cheese, but I've got duck legs. You can't have cauliflower cheese with duck legs, can you? That would be simply wrong.
    That's the thing. I'm going to have to brave this rain, in order to get decent bread.
    The duck and cauliflower cheese combo would be a new one on me. The problem is, I'm a little limited in matters of ducks legs. I rarely go beyond a five spice rub with a citrus salad, and today, is not a day for eating salad.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    That's the thing. I'm going to have to brave this rain, in order to get decent bread.
    The duck and cauliflower cheese combo would be a new one on me. The problem is, I'm a little limited in matters of ducks legs. I rarely go beyond a five spice rub with a citrus salad, and today, is not a day for eating salad.
    I'll roast them simply and fry some parboiled spuds in their grease, I think.

Whyever not?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Whyever not?
    Rich and greasy + rich and greasy? A little cloying, don't you think?

Rich and greasy + rich and greasy? A little cloying, don't you think?
    Not if you have something green and sharp like a watercress salad with a vinaigrette in the middle of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Not if you have something green and sharp like a watercress salad with a vinaigrette in the middle of it.
    I feel it would be too much. I'll stick with the greasy legs, greasy fried spuds and non-greasy boiled broccoli.

I feel it would be too much. I'll stick with the greasy legs, greasy fried spuds and non-greasy boiled broccoli.
    I made a lovely sauce for my duck legs the other day. It involved port, red wine and my blackcurrants. Worked a treat, it did. Nice and sour.

I thought you walked funny

Someone had to say it