Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
You think that all of that is due to the public being fed up with traditional politics and politicians? As opposed to Labour changing the way that their leaders are elected, the left wing part of the Labour party being tired of the centrist policy of the Blair years, the incompetence of the Oxford educated Theresa May Tory government and the circumstance created by Cameron and the Brexit vote and the subsequent election decision taken by the Tories?

We should ignore all that and just conclude that this is a result of the public being fed up with traditional politics?

Blimey.
I would say that these things (and, of course - y'know -Brexit) are obviously symptomatic of a wider desire for political change and a radical restructuring of the existing order, yes. The status quo ante is no longer an option. Boris's popularity in the tory party membership and Corbyn's in Labour's would seem obvious symptoms of that fact to me, but clearly you think this is just a blip.

You strike me as a man determined to imagine the status quo ante is going to return any minute if you just keep ignoring all this turmoil. I don't think it's going to happen, mate.