Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jesus fvcking Christ! What is fvcking wrong with this country?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I think you'll find that this has already happened.
    I'm not quite sure what planet WES has been living on for the last three years if he thinks the public is yearning for traditional politics.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    It's times like these that make you wish Hitler had won.
    It might make you think that, Barry. And Floyd, perhaps.

Though I gather Hitler was quite positive towards Islam. A religion he could do business with. And did, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    It might make you think that, Barry. And Floyd, perhaps.

Though I gather Hitler was quite positive towards Islam. A religion he could do business with. And did, of course.
    If only dear Ken were here to tell us how Hitler was a friend to both jews and Muslims and could have brought about everlasting peace in the middle east if he hadn't gone mad and, well, you know the rest...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    If only dear Ken were here to tell us how Hitler was a friend to both jews and Muslims and could have brought about everlasting peace in the middle east if he hadn't gone mad and, well, you know the rest...
    Poor old Ken, sitting at home moaning and dribbling about how the Jews have brought him down.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    A mini-Trump? Calm down now. Boris' overall comments on the burka were straight out of the progressive feminist playbook - he blamed the patriarchy for ****s sake! And then said he didn't actually support it being banned because that would be authoritarian.

In other words, Trump's position would be the precise opposite.
    The mini-Trump bit was a reference to the 'letterbox' comment, which was very Trumpish. And Burney's point seemed to be that that was exactly what he intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm not quite sure what planet WES has been living on for the last three years if he thinks the public is yearning for traditional politics.
    I didn't say that the public was. I understand some of the dissatisfaction and you can see evidence of it. The point I made was that I don't think that it is as extreme as it was in America. I don't think the UK is ready to elect a mini-Trump because he is one.

Britain just hasn't gone that far yet.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I didn't say that the public was. I understand some of the dissatisfaction and you can see evidence of it. The point I made was that I don't think that it is as extreme as it was in America. I don't think the UK is ready to elect a mini-Trump because he is one.

Britain just hasn't gone that far yet.
    WES, a communist anti-semite who has spent his entire career cosying up with this country's enemies is currently the leader of the Labour Party against a minority Tory government and is polling neck-and-neck with them on 38%.

Do you think that's business as usual, for fvck's sake?

WES, a communist anti-semite who has spent his entire career cosying up with this country's enemies is currently the leader of the Labour Party against a minority Tory government and is polling neck-and-neck with them on 38%.

Do you think that's business as usual, for fvck's sake?
    You think that all of that is due to the public being fed up with traditional politics and politicians? As opposed to Labour changing the way that their leaders are elected, the left wing part of the Labour party being tired of the centrist policy of the Blair years, the incompetence of the Oxford educated Theresa May Tory government and the circumstance created by Cameron and the Brexit vote and the subsequent election decision taken by the Tories?

We should ignore all that and just conclude that this is a result of the public being fed up with traditional politics?

Blimey.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    You think that all of that is due to the public being fed up with traditional politics and politicians? As opposed to Labour changing the way that their leaders are elected, the left wing part of the Labour party being tired of the centrist policy of the Blair years, the incompetence of the Oxford educated Theresa May Tory government and the circumstance created by Cameron and the Brexit vote and the subsequent election decision taken by the Tories?

We should ignore all that and just conclude that this is a result of the public being fed up with traditional politics?

Blimey.
    I would say that these things (and, of course - y'know -Brexit) are obviously symptomatic of a wider desire for political change and a radical restructuring of the existing order, yes. The status quo ante is no longer an option. Boris's popularity in the tory party membership and Corbyn's in Labour's would seem obvious symptoms of that fact to me, but clearly you think this is just a blip.

You strike me as a man determined to imagine the status quo ante is going to return any minute if you just keep ignoring all this turmoil. I don't think it's going to happen, mate.

I would say that these things (and, of course - y'know -Brexit) are obviously symptomatic of a wider desire for political change and a radical restructuring of the existing order, yes. The status quo ante is no longer an option. Boris's popularity in the tory party membership and Corbyn's in Labour's would seem obvious symptoms of that fact to me, but clearly you think this is just a blip.

You strike me as a man determined to imagine the status quo ante is going to return any minute if you just keep ignoring all this turmoil. I don't think it's going to happen, mate.
    Even if it does, it won't be the same without Rick Parfitt