Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
Had Corbyn mocked the appearance of Hasidic Jews in the same way that Boris mocked women who wear the burka you and many others would have accused him of anti-Semitism.

Monty is right, it was really stupid. Using your criticism would have been much more effective and would generated just as much of a reaction. The people who want someone like Boris in No. 10 would have been much happier with a debate over the burka and what it represents than a debate over how much of an idiot Boris has been, I think.
There is a broader point here in that this country has completely lost it's sense of humour over the last twenty years.

Humour has its many of its roots in the p1ss taking of others. There's a line of course but this obsession with offense has, in many cases gone beyond. The absurdity is that people still think and react the same way. I also find it odd that the people most outraged are the white middle classes.
Likening a burkha to a pillar box is mildly amusing. I'm sorry but there it is. Should I choose to parade about up and down my local high street wearing a pink wig and then deem it offensive because I over hear someone ripping it out of me, should I then go running to report a hate crime. Where does it end.
It's the gingers I feel sorry for because it still appears ok to rip it out them.