Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lord's test first day

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I was just thinking whether there was a clerical cricket team to be had. Ollie Pope, Ian Bishop, Matt Prior. Any more?
    There was a John Nunn who played for Middlesex in the dim and distant past. If you just tweak it to religious connection you could probably fit the three Chappell brothers in there, surely and play it at the (Council of) Trent Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    There was a John Nunn who played for Middlesex in the dim and distant past. If you just tweak it to religious connection you could probably fit the three Chappell brothers in there, surely and play it at the (Council of) Trent Bridge
    Ooh, very good. Also, Kyle Abbott.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Lovely oopo Norf as well, soft southern shandy drinking ****e weather *******s
    Craft beer drinking daan Saaf. None of this shandy ****
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Ooh, very good. Also, Kyle Abbott.
    Wasn't David Shephard an actual rev or something?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Wasn't David Shephard an actual rev or something?
    Bishop of Liverpool - not the DS who was an umpire though, a previous one

Adam Gilchrist?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Adam Gilchrist?
    Awwwww, look...!

I suppose Alan Lamb is pushing it a bit but Harry Dean, once of Lancashire, is surely an early pick.

Ridiculous, b - it's gorgeous outside. Oh, wait - that's right, I don't live round the corner from Lord's anymore. How annoying
    Did I mention that on a recent visit to Highgate West Cemetery the tour included William Lillywhite, pioneer of roundarm bowling? The grave is very close to the gate at the top of the hill and the stone has the image of a ball clattering through the stumps. The old death rattle. Quite good, I thought.

And Tom Parsons? He's even one of yours, isn't he?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."