Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kay Burley really is one of those monumentally stupid people who succeed through a

Kay Burley really is one of those monumentally stupid people who succeed through a

mixture of monstrous self-assurance, a sociopathic lack self-doubt and insane ambition. She's like a female Alan Partridge, but without the attendant hopelessness and failure that makes him tolerable and funny.

I strongly suspect she's an actual monster. I mean, the comparison between a Burka wearer and Simon Weston simply wouldn't occur to a healthy mind, would it?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    mixture of monstrous self-assurance, a sociopathic lack self-doubt and insane ambition. She's like a female Alan Partridge, but without the attendant hopelessness and failure that makes him tolerable and funny.

I strongly suspect she's an actual monster. I mean, the comparison between a Burka wearer and Simon Weston simply wouldn't occur to a healthy mind, would it?
    Then again isn't it glorious to live in an age where you can get a headline like this:

Kay Burley and Liz Kershaw in furious Twitter spat over burqa

She should have compared it to a bank robber or a letterbox and she would be ok then
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Then again isn't it glorious to live in an age where you can get a headline like this:

Kay Burley and Liz Kershaw in furious Twitter spat over burqa
    Yes. It's also a worrying situation in which Liz Kershaw comes across as the intellectual heavyweight.

Simon Weston, though! Fvck me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    She should have compared it to a bank robber or a letterbox and she would be ok then
    At least those things make crude logical and visual sense, though. If they didn't, nobody would get upset by them.

Simon Weston had his face burned off in a war. That is not analogous in any way to someone wearing a burka and is simply the rambling of a fvcking loon.

At least those things make crude logical and visual sense, though. If they didn't, nobody would get upset by them.

Simon Weston had his face burned off in a war. That is not analogous in any way to someone wearing a burka and is simply the rambling of a fvcking loon.
    Oh I agree she is a loon who has previous.... but there again so does Borris

Oh I agree she is a loon who has previous.... but there again so does Borris
    Of course, footage of other politicians saying much worse about the Burka is now emerging - revealing that this is about Boris-bashing and nothing to do with cultural sensitivities.

For instance, here's Emily Thornberry saying women wearing them ought to be made to work in backroom jobs and not allowed to look after children. I take it this outrages you equally?

https://order-order.com/2018/08/08/t...fter-my-child/

Of course, footage of other politicians saying much worse about the Burka is now emerging - revealing that this is about Boris-bashing and nothing to do with cultural sensitivities.

For instance, here's Emily Thornberry saying women wearing them ought to be made to work in backroom jobs and not allowed to look after children. I take it this outrages you equally?

https://order-order.com/2018/08/08/t...fter-my-child/
    Bozza didn't outrage me...... but you seem to support his comments so I take it you support hers?

Bozza didn't outrage me...... but you seem to support his comments so I take it you support hers?
    Actually, I broadly agree with Boris. I regard the Burqa as a disgusting abomination utterly incompatible with a modern society, but am deeply uncomfortable with the idea of the government being allowed to tell people what they can wear.

However, I do not believe that the wearing of the burqa should be any more protected in law or any less open to ridicule than any other form of clothing. I believe employers and business owners should have the right to refuse employment or entry to those wearing it - or any other religious dress for that matter.

In other words, I adopt the classical liberal approach that people should be allowed to wear what they want, but must accept that others will have the right to judge them and possibly even discriminate against them for it.

Did you see the clip of Emily Thornburry on Question Time a few years back saying she wouldn’t want someone in a burka to look after he child?

Also on the same programme, that monumental **** benjamin zephania seemed to blame Western men for forcing women to desexualise themselves by wearing a burka.