Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So the Dembele rumours continue to gather pace. £9mill loan fee with option to make

By the way...I’m not sure how to interpret this clip.

If it was a horse race I would be most keen on backing Walker to beat him over a longer distance.

He also had to waste time turning and gave Dembele a head start but still managed to get back up to him.

Or did I overthink that and French Theo really is that quick?

Also I thought you couldn’t leave and renter the field of play without the refs permission?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    By the way...I’m not sure how to interpret this clip.

If it was a horse race I would be most keen on backing Walker to beat him over a longer distance.

He also had to waste time turning and gave Dembele a head start but still managed to get back up to him.

Or did I overthink that and French Theo really is that quick?

Also I thought you couldn’t leave and renter the field of play without the refs permission?
    To be honest, what I took from it is that the useless **** can't even make a simple pass.

EMERY OUT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    To be honest, what I took from it is that the useless **** can't even make a simple pass.

EMERY OUT!!!!
    I see it the same way. Headless chicken approach. Pace without technique. Another reason why Usain Bolt will never be taken seriously by a top club, in spite of the fella's lofty ambition.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I see it the same way. Headless chicken approach. Pace without technique. Another reason why Usain Bolt will never be taken seriously by a top club, in spite of the fella's lofty ambition.
    I should also imagine the fact he is old and has never run more than 400 metres would also count against him
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I should also imagine the fact he is old and has never run more than 400 metres would also count against him
    I'm not sure at 31, if he can yet be considered, past it but I take your point. It got me thinking about players with great pace who could actually apply genuine ball skill alongside blistering speed. Henry, of course and Overmars too had his moments.

I'm not sure at 31, if he can yet be considered, past it but I take your point. It got me thinking about players with great pace who could actually apply genuine ball skill alongside blistering speed. Henry, of course and Overmars too had his moments.
    The fact they had been training daily to be professional footballers, while UB has been training to run all his life won't exactly help him.... would be a gimic for any club to sign him
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

This lad was seriously quick with the ball at his feet - took some stopping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_FHqWXllX4#t=0m25s

And can't believe you didn't mention Glenn Helder

That would be classed as assault in today’s game imo

How about the Croatian chap Vida at centre half?

My only concern is whether or not Peter Reid visited Croatia 28 years ago...spitting image

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    This lad was seriously quick with the ball at his feet - took some stopping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_FHqWXllX4#t=0m25s

And can't believe you didn't mention Glenn Helder
    The thing that makes me laugh about that even now is the two attempted vicious assaults before Massing eventually savages him. Cameroon really were the best thing about that World Cup, bless ‘em.