Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyway, if you all want to know why Boris has picked this fight, here's why:

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It is indeed. Which is why it should not be used to judge the views of the electorate.

I sat through a lunch you would have loved today. A load of chinese malaysians telling me that muslims were taking over the UK and that we have no idea what we have done.

I thought of you
    They'd sort of, you know, know, wouldn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Here we go. Party Chairman asks Boris to apologise. Boris says: "It is ridiculous that these views are being attacked - we must not fall into the trap of shutting down the debate on difficult issues".

Pretty much exactly as I described the strategy earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Here we go. Party Chairman asks Boris to apologise. Boris says: "It is ridiculous that these views are being attacked - we must not fall into the trap of shutting down the debate on difficult issues".

Pretty much exactly as I described the strategy earlier.
    If a few more politicians saw your chart the debate would soon open up. Liberalism does get itself in knots about illiberal behaviour. A religion that requires women to almost completely cover themselves is not consistent with Liberal values. So stop defending it....

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Sort of, in a way, yes. They moved to a Muslim country and found it was overrun (and run) by Muslims. Outrageous!

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Attachment 973

He knows he's on strong ground with the electorate with this issue and it differentiates him from his leadership rivals and the media, who will all dutifully clutch their pearls and in doing so will only emphasise how far removed from the electorate they are and how close to it Boris is.

It's straight out of the Donald's playbook.
    Still got his eye on Number 10 then, has he? Yes, I suppose he has.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Still got his eye on Number 10 then, has he? Yes, I suppose he has.
    Oh God, yes. These are the first explicit shots in the leadership challenge.