Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cor. The Arsenal twittertypes are awfully upset about Kroenke

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    It's in the Guardian and therefore by definition, it is scaremongering, ill-informed, lefty ****e. It is so full of ifs and buts that it looks like a pre-Brexit Project Fear article.

As an additional point, one definite winner here will be Everton as that's where the Uzbek's money will go now. With full board rights alonside his mate. Also good, as it will massively **** off the self-rightous murdering scum in the Red part of the City.
    Well if you're promising that Everton will do a Man City and completely overtake their illustrious neighbours and give all their ****ish fans nightmares then booyah!
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I was listening to thon Arseblog fellow. Andrew, Irish fella. Seems a decent chap. I think he's posted here in the past

Anyway, there he was the other day, discussing pre-season and the start of the new season and... well, frankly, moaning about everything. The rumours of Gazidis moving, for example, demonstrate that there is something seriously wrong with the way the club is run. (Not that anything's actually happened with Gazidis, but Arsenal supporters don't actually need anything to happen before they begin moaning.) The defence is no good, Ramsey's off, everything's shít, man.

It quite put me off looking forward to a new season.
    Haven't you realised yet that all people do is moan? Arseblog makes a living out of (entertaining) moaning. Good for him.

I'm with you by the way, I don't want to win at all costs. Chelsea have won quite a bit, would we want to be Chelsea?

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Haven't you realised yet that all people do is moan? Arseblog makes a living out of (entertaining) moaning. Good for him.

I'm with you by the way, I don't want to win at all costs. Chelsea have won quite a bit, would we want to be Chelsea?
    Quite so. One can have grudging respect for United; they have won a lot in their time because they were grown to be a huge club with an enormous, lucrative fan base. You can't argue with that.

Quite so. One can have grudging respect for United; they have won a lot in their time because they were grown to be a huge club with an enormous, lucrative fan base. You can't argue with that.
    True, but of course being Man U, the emphasis will always be on the word grudging.

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    It's in the Guardian and therefore by definition, it is scaremongering, ill-informed, lefty ****e. It is so full of ifs and buts that it looks like a pre-Brexit Project Fear article.

As an additional point, one definite winner here will be Everton as that's where the Uzbek's money will go now. With full board rights alonside his mate. Also good, as it will massively **** off the self-rightous murdering scum in the Red part of the City.
    It's Andrew Mangan, Mr Arseblog, not a Guardian hack. I've no idea what will happen under Stan's full control. He may well take money out, and that would be a genuine concern. Until then my pitchfork will remain in the barn.

Except we won't know if he takes money out, as he is the full owner who can do what he likes, and as every pro-Capitalist will tell you, he is quite entitled to shut the club down if he could build sufficiently high and lucrative blocks of flats on the smoking ruin of Ashburton Grove - if he choses.

Maybe now he's the sole owner he'll pump money in, finding a way to avoid whatever fair play rules are still in place. Can't see that happening, tbh.

Or Maybe Hill-Wood was right. "We don't need his sort".
    Last edited by Ash; 08-07-2018 at 05:10 PM.

Perhaps the best thing would be to just edge quietly away and go and drink in the snug with the old ladies and their bottles of Mackesons.*

*It's a while since I've been to a pub.
    Mackesons is awfully pěss weak, isn't it?

Just flown from Dubai to Prague. The difference in alcohol prices is something to truly behold but why is Urquell almost twice the price of imported beers? It's absolutely fůcking shěte.

Anyway, this Usmanov out / Kroenke fully in thing doesn't sound that promising, does it?

That said, if it pěsses off Timmy and the AST that can't be all bad.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    It's Andrew Mangan, Mr Arseblog, not a Guardian hack. I've no idea what will happen under Stan's full control. He may well take money out, and that would be a genuine concern. Until then my pitchfork will remain in the barn.

Except we won't know if he takes money out, as he is the full owner who can do what he likes, and as every pro-Capitalist will tell you, he is quite entitled to shut the club down if he could build sufficiently high and lucrative blocks of flats on the smoking ruin of Ashburton Grove - if he choses.

Maybe now he's the sole owner he'll pump money in, finding a way to avoid whatever fair play rules are still in place. Can't see that happening, tbh.

Or Maybe Hill-Wood was right. "We don't need his sort".
    No, dear old PHW was wrong; we do need his sort. Or, anyway, your sort needs his sort. You know, to pay for your Arsene Wengers and your Mesut Özils and all that fancy foreign fanny-dancing malarkey; Champions League every season, splendid new stadium.

No more of your Paul Mersons, your Ian Wrights or your Lee Dixons lumping it up the pitch in a crumbly old relic of a ground.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    But didn't exactly the same people all want Usmanov to take full control of Arsenal a while ago? What's the difference?

The illusion that Usmanov was going to pump money in.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    No, dear old PHW was wrong; we do need his sort. Or, anyway, your sort needs his sort. You know, to pay for your Arsene Wengers and your Mesut Özils and all that fancy foreign fanny-dancing malarkey; Champions League every season, splendid new stadium.

No more of your Paul Mersons, your Ian Wrights or your Lee Dixons lumping it up the pitch in a crumbly old relic of a ground.
    You're always blaming me.

Anyway, I thought you approved of the custodian model. :sniffle:

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    You're always blaming me.

Anyway, I thought you approved of the custodian model. :sniffle:
    In truth Kroenke has been doing better of late. The LA Rams, for example; exciting team. They went with a young hotshot coach, got an underperforming quarterback to turn it around, while also having an outstanding defense. Contenders for the super bowl this year, the pundints say.