Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I assume everyone watched England v Holland last night?

I assume everyone watched England v Holland last night?

Plucky young English team against the tournament favourites. It was quite the occasion, cracking atmosphere at Lee Valley.

Sadly, the Dutchies prevailed but you have to give them credit, they can really play hockey. The Dutch women at the back didn't put a stick wrong all game and England never really looked like scorig, resorting to overheads and aimless long hits. Probably not too far off the senior men's football team at the WC really.

Still, enjoyable to watch and you have to appreciate the Dutch women, even if none of them are heterosexual.

NTTAWWI

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Plucky young English team against the tournament favourites. It was quite the occasion, cracking atmosphere at Lee Valley.

Sadly, the Dutchies prevailed but you have to give them credit, they can really play hockey. The Dutch women at the back didn't put a stick wrong all game and England never really looked like scorig, resorting to overheads and aimless long hits. Probably not too far off the senior men's football team at the WC really.

Still, enjoyable to watch and you have to appreciate the Dutch women, even if none of them are heterosexual.

NTTAWWI
    ****ing hockey???

NTTAWWI
    Were you touching yourself, w?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    ****ing hockey???
    A superb sport, Peter. Quite wonderful to play and watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Were you touching yourself, w?
    I bring up women's hockey and you think of masturbation. Is this a fixation of yours that has *arisen* since your tumescence issue manifested itself, Charles?

I bring up women's hockey and you think of masturbation. Is this a fixation of yours that has *arisen* since your tumescence issue manifested itself, Charles?
    Did Ireland win?

It was one of the main items on the radio sports news.

A superb sport, Peter. Quite wonderful to play and watch.
    Basically football with sticks. And a feckin hard ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Basically football with sticks. And a feckin hard ball.
    I remember a friend at school, mad keen football fan and decent central midfielder, telling me I'd love hockey because the tactics were just like football, so i went to watch a game.

He was mistaken, I'm afraid. I did not love it and the tactics were not like football.

All part of life's rich etc etc.

Maybe he just thinks you are a massive ****er, w

NTTIAWWT

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Did Ireland win?

It was one of the main items on the radio sports news.
    Yes, apparently a big surprise that they made it to the semis and they have a decent chance against Spain who also caused an upset.

England beat Ireland 1-0 but completely outplayed them. So basically you're rubbish and on a lucky run.