Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Thon Jim White fellow on Sky Sports. Is he on something, or does he always operate

Thon Jim White fellow on Sky Sports. Is he on something, or does he always operate

at full, Alan Partridge, hard on, presenter mode ?
    I can only wonder at how he maintains that state of neurosis while frequently imparting some truly dull transfer information to the viewing public.

If ever there was a case for wanting the autocue to transpose the script for various images of the male genitalia, while White was in full bluster, this is it..

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    at full, Alan Partridge, hard on, presenter mode ?
    I can only wonder at how he maintains that state of neurosis while frequently imparting some truly dull transfer information to the viewing public.

If ever there was a case for wanting the autocue to transpose the script for various images of the male genitalia, while White was in full bluster, this is it..
    He is a comedy figure and he knows this and plays to it. A parody if you will.

Wd Jim White.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Wd Jim White.
    The Football Ramble did a lengthy interview with him. He was all about retaining his journalistic integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The Football Ramble did a lengthy interview with him. He was all about retaining his journalistic integrity.

I would imagine our resident so-called "journalists" preach such integrity.

LOL at B and even bigger LOL at the German.

Wd Jim White.
    Possibly but surely the point of such parody is to raise a smile or two in the audience ? White makes me want to reach for one of those burners that chefs apply to the sugar layer on a creme brûlée.

Possibly but surely the point of such parody is to raise a smile or two in the audience ? White makes me want to reach for one of those burners that chefs apply to the sugar layer on a creme brûlée.
    He’s a **** of the very highest level but he is a demi-God to the type of person that sits and watches SSN for hours on deadline day, the type of chap who gets excited when they “cross over to the Emirates” as there is still a light on in the building which simply must mean Ousamane Dembele is in talks.

Rich basically.

I watch SSN for about 10-15 mins when I get in the evening, I am relaxing from the stresses of having scaled the corporate ladder during the day and it is basic fodder.

White is there getting super excited about Johnny Average Centre Half who may move from Leeds to Cardiff. Genuinely excited.

And while you have me let me tell you who is an even bigger ****, the Darmesh Sheff or whatever he is called with his “inside sources” and “contacts”, which are basically newspapers and the internet. There is a bloke that needs a kicking.

I do like the female presenters all the same. They have integrity and know their stuff.

Blimey 7s, that's a bit strong. Is the Off button not sufficient?

I do like the female presenters all the same. They have integrity and know their stuff.

The young lady on the Sky test commentary team yesterday was informative, articulate, knowledgeable-enough-for-me, and her voice is easy on the ear. She is also very good-looking but I'm sure that played no part in her appointment.

Wondering which of the regulars she replaced, I ticked off the ones still there. Gower - check. Atherton - check. Holding - check. Hussain - check. Northern Clown - check. Botham - GONE

wd Sky and well done the nice lady commentator imo.