Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: It's all very well deciding to close the transfer window on August 9th

It's all very well deciding to close the transfer window on August 9th

But, what are Sky Sports News and all those twitter ITK types going to do for the rest of the month?

Players can still be sold to Europe during this interim period I think, so Hazard to Real for example.

It’s a bit of a fúcking mess I think and not one the PL fully thought through. I can understand why they have done it as it is very destabilising for a lesser side to lose its better players late in a window with little time to replace them but such is the world.

I expect one of the larger PL sides to perhaps challenge it, though if the PL has said it will not register new players I cannot see what can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Players can still be sold to Europe during this interim period I think, so Hazard to Real for example.

It’s a bit of a fúcking mess I think and not one the PL fully thought through. I can understand why they have done it as it is very destabilising for a lesser side to lose its better players late in a window with little time to replace them but such is the world.

I expect one of the larger PL sides to perhaps challenge it, though if the PL has said it will not register new players I cannot see what can be done.
    They were fully aware of the issue of being still able to sell players later on so which part you don't think they thought through, I am unsure of. 15 clubs voted for it - probably ones who have done their business early. Utd were against it though - almost as if they knew they'd be in trouble *

*trouble being relative as they still have an impressive squad

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    They were fully aware of the issue of being still able to sell players later on so which part you don't think they thought through, I am unsure of. 15 clubs voted for it - probably ones who have done their business early. Utd were against it though - almost as if they knew they'd be in trouble *

*trouble being relative as they still have an impressive squad
    Well the bit that I think could annoy a larger club is a situation such as the one Chelsea may face with Courtois or Hazard, where if Real make their move mid-August and the situation becomes untenable to the degree where the club “must” sell. They cannot then replace though yes I can pre-empt your reply by saying they should have been aware and have dealt with the issue by then.

Take our Aaron as a good close to home example, are we really going to allow him go beyond next weekend and another Ozil / Sanchez saga? It appears so. Or if Barcelona came in on the 30th of August with 30m would we accept it and have no recourse to strengthen or replace.

In terms of “not thinking through” my view is that the new arrangement is perfect for all domestic transfers but clubs should be allowed to continue deal (in and out) with the larger European and global market.

CL sides have disadvantaged themselves against the CL rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Well the bit that I think could annoy a larger club is a situation such as the one Chelsea may face with Courtois or Hazard, where if Real make their move mid-August and the situation becomes untenable to the degree where the club “must” sell. They cannot then replace though yes I can pre-empt your reply by saying they should have been aware and have dealt with the issue by then.

Take our Aaron as a good close to home example, are we really going to allow him go beyond next weekend and another Ozil / Sanchez saga? It appears so. Or if Barcelona came in on the 30th of August with 30m would we accept it and have no recourse to strengthen or replace.

In terms of “not thinking through” my view is that the new arrangement is perfect for all domestic transfers but clubs should be allowed to continue deal (in and out) with the larger European and global market.

CL sides have disadvantaged themselves against the CL rivals.
    Addition through subtraction