Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Surely 'decent' Labour MPs and party members can

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    This intemperate language helps no one, g. It is impossible to engage in debate when the discussion consists of insults and foul language. Try speaking to an Irishman, and you'll see what I mean. Ask sw, for example, about a shirt, and he'll call you a ****. Ask a Momentum member about Our Jeremy and he'll become abusive. It's like trying to argue with swine.

Let us remember our manners, and that we are educated, reasonable human being who respect one another's views, for all love.
    Your anti-Irish rhetoric is one of the most offensive aspects of life on AWIMB. That is some achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Point of order, my suggestion that Rich stopped being a **** was in no way related to his shirt based query, simply a piece of advice / a plea.
    Fair enough sw, fair enough. I withdraw my remarks equating speaking to Irishmen with conversing with pigs.

Apologies if any offence was inadvertantly occasioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Your anti-Irish rhetoric is one of the most offensive aspects of life on AWIMB. That is some achievement.
    I have never spoken an anti-Irish word in my life. The blood of Brian Boru flows proudly through my veins.

I speak only pragmatic, undeniable truths.

This intemperate language helps no one, g. It is impossible to engage in debate when the discussion consists of insults and foul language. Try speaking to an Irishman, and you'll see what I mean. Ask sw, for example, about a shirt, and he'll call you a ****. Ask a Momentum member about Our Jeremy and he'll become abusive. It's like trying to argue with swine.

Let us remember our manners, and that we are educated, reasonable human being who respect one another's views, for all love.
    All right, C.

To put it politely, it would be Karma for them if they paid £3 to vote for jez and he steals their property and sends them to a gulag as a result.

Maybe he'd revoke the CJA and I can squat their Mayfair mansions.

But I stand by my comment that this country works best when the two main parties are controlled by the moderates and they fight each other for the centre ground. cf SuperMac and Gaitskell.

The Tories would have been better to choose Ken Clarke instead of IDS when Blair was in power, too.

May in hock to JRM, or Bojo vs Jez Stalin isn't exactly the best advert for GB parliamentary democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    All right, C.

To put it politely, it would be Karma for them if they paid £3 to vote for jez and he steals their property and sends them to a gulag as a result.

Maybe he'd revoke the CJA and I can squat their Mayfair mansions.

But I stand by my comment that this country works best when the two main parties are controlled by the moderates and they fight each other for the centre ground. cf SuperMac and Gaitskell.

The Tories would have been better to choose Ken Clarke instead of IDS when Blair was in power, too.

May in hock to JRM, or Bojo vs Jez Stalin isn't exactly the best advert for GB parliamentary democracy.
    I think you're quite right, old chap, but if you think JC will ever be PM, you're forgetting The Truly Evil One who sits in wait, icepick in hand, to come to what he considers his rightful position: Secretary of The Party and Supreme Leader McDonnell.

I think you're quite right, old chap, but if you think JC will ever be PM, you're forgetting The Truly Evil One who sits in wait, icepick in hand, to come to what he considers his rightful position: Secretary of The Party and Supreme Leader McDonnell.
    Imagine what he'd do as Home Secretary.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    God bless Their Majesties

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I make you both right on that one. He is the true power behind the throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I make you both right on that one. He is the true power behind the throne.
    If it actually came to a *gulp* election victory, would Corbyn survive the night, or would McDonnell allow him to stand as a sort of puppet for a while, before the inevitable show trial and public execution?

God bless Their Majesties
    The army take an oath to the monarch, though. I'd like to think the Guards would be stood to, be across St James' Park, storm the Houses of Parliament, up the Mall and into Downing St before you could say 'kill every communist in sight' were that to happen.