Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Having driven past the new toilet bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    In fact, the closest they came to such a threat was in East London in the 30s and it was the far left, including my granddad, who lined up alongside the jewish community and battered the BUF out of the east end.

Ghosts of Cable Street. Oh yes
    Funny way to spell 'communist scum viciously attacked a peaceful demonstration' p.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    My mother-in-law went for tea with Oswald Moseley. His manners were impeccable, apparently. A gentleman. Then he started wearing silly uniforms and taking himself seriously, and before you knew it Bertie was asking, "Look at that frightful ass Spode s****ing about in footer bags! Did you ever in your puff see such a perfect perisher?”.
    Imagine a censorship system so absurd that it censors PG Wodehouse. O tempora! O mores!

By putting themselves in the kind of debt that held us back for 10 years, but doing it 15 years later?

They're going to have their lean spell, and if Pochettino handles it half as well as Wenger managed ours, I'll be surprised.
    They've invested when interest rates are at an historical low. That was a very smart move and I suspect the cost of the borrowing will be significantly lower than ours.

What Spurs have done very well is to maintain player contracts to ensure people rarely walk on a free. Levy's done a very good job of managing the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    In fact, the closest they came to such a threat was in East London in the 30s and it was the far left, including my granddad, who lined up alongside the jewish community and battered the BUF out of the east end.

Ghosts of Cable Street. Oh yes
    Is that what you think should happen to people expressing an opinion with which you disagree, by the way? They should be battered?

Is that what you think should happen to people expressing an opinion with which you disagree, by the way? They should be battered?
    If expressing their opinion involves marching into the jewish community to attack them, yes.

The legitimate march was never supposed to go anywhere near there.